At Advantage Metals Recycling (AMR) the opportunity is YOURS! We have achieved years of success by giving our teammates the tools they need to do the best job. Do you have what it takes to help shape the future? Working at AMR is definitely for you if:
- You want a career and not just a job
- You want to work for an awesome company where you can make a difference
- You have a positive, can-do attitude
- You are motivated and take initiative
We are committed to building great teams, offering competitive compensation, and allowing for a healthy work-life balance, because our teammates are our most valuable asset. Whether you work in a recycling facility or at our corporate headquarters, AMR is a place where you can come for a job, but stay for a career.
AMR operates recycling facilities in Kansas and Missouri. Our processing capabilities include an automobile shredder, balers, shears, mobile shearing, torch processing, auto crushers, and extensive transportation services. AMR is a proud part of Nucor Corporation and wholly owned subsidiary of The David J Joseph family of companies and has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as good community citizens who are trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.Responsibilities
Advantage Metals Recycling has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance
person at our 12th St.
location in Kansas City, KS. The hours for this position are 5pm - 5am, M-F and comes with a $1.50 shift differential. The location of our facility is 1153 S. 12th Street, KCK. Responsibilities include:
- Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures
- Maintain plant equipment through regular and preventive maintenance program
- Equipment includes but not limited to conveyors, magnets, eddy current, air compressors, mobile equipment and electrical systems
- Perform Preventative Maintenance on production equipment and machinery using written procedures and specific instructions
- General labor duties that may include but not limited to sweeping, shoveling and general clean-up of any area and/or equipment and physical handling of materials, supplies, etc. Willing to cross-train in other positions and assist other teammates as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one-year previous maintenance experience
- Minimum of one-year experience using hand tools, power tools, stick welding & torch cutting experience, preferably in the scrap metal or construction industries
- Previous experience operating a skid steer, forklift, loader and other equipment a plus Knowledge of conveyor systems and bearings a plus
- Experience working in an industrial/outdoor work environment
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Working knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations
- Flexible to work off hours, weekends and holidays as needed.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package including paid training, bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, vacation, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with match, tuition reimbursement and other great benefits.EEO Statement
Advantage Metals Recycling (AMR) is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.AMR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, lactation/breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. AMR hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
AMR reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and teammates.AMR also provides a work environment in which each teammate is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all teammates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all teammates and applicants.
E-Verify Information | E-Verify NoticeEJN
This job has expired.