Basic Job Functions:
Nucor Steel Memphis is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Maintenance Electrician. This position provides support to the melting process by working closely with Operations andMaintenance teammates to safely trouble shoot, maintain, repair, and upgrade Melt Shop electrical equipment. A successful candidate in this role will demonstrate the core values of the Nucor Big 11 success factors while focusing on safety, equipment reliability, cost control, and continuousimprovement. This position requires scheduled and unscheduled overtime as well as rotating shifts.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
• Basic Computer Skills with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, and Word
• Basic Electrical Knowledge for Controls and Motors
• Hands-on experience with PLC technologies and ladder logic
• Hands-on experience with AC / DC Drives technologies
• Technical degree or equivalent technical training; or 3 years Industrial Electrical experience
• Four - year technical degree or equal experience
• 3-5 years industrial experience in a steel mill with arc furnace, casting, or rolling experience
• Extensive AC & DC drive experience
• Hands-on experience with HMI technologies
• PLC system building, programming, and troubleshooting experience
• Basic mechanical and hydraulic knowledge
•Strong technical skills
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!