EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Maintenance Helper (Sign-on Bonus)
Maintenance Assistant reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and is responsible for addressing trouble calls and performing associated maintenance and repair activities on equipment and basic and complex machines. The position assists engineers and technicians with advanced repairs. The role works under minimal supervision and some contact with external suppliers and customers. Will work with a computerized maintenance management system and complete preventative and corrective maintenance work orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of buildings, equipment and grounds including moving, minor painting, plumbing, carpentry, and general maintenance work.
- Collect and manage waste streams (general, recyclable, hazardous) and manages collection areas, segregation, and disposal
- Change oil/filters, coolants, cleaning fluids on manufacturing equipment, tools and other operating machinery
- General cleaning of machinery, tanks, work spaces, and grounds
- Purchase and maintain parts/materials inventory as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three (3) or more year's related experience is required.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.Work Environment:
Strength Strenuous work routinely requires exertion of 50 pounds of work force, and up to 100 pounds on occasion. -Outdoor Environment Exposed to both indoor and outdoor environments. -Physical Environment Work can be at heights, or in cramped and confined spaces. -Chemical Exposure Exposed to pressurized vessels/plumbing, chemicals, high temperatures, electricity, oil and other hazardous wastes.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans