At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We're a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we've grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter-from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
The Maintenance Supervisor directly supervises maintenance employees on assigned shifts to ensure the effective delivery of maintenance services and support production in a 24-hour 7-day per week operation. This includes planning, assigning and directing work, addressing product and employee complaints, and resolving problems. This person carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws.
- Collaborates with the plant engineer, maintenance manager, and facility management to utilize equipment to improve employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability, and overall equipment effectiveness.
- Supervises both the maintenance and capital projects for the site.
- Utilizes mechanical and electrical expertise to maintain production systems, utilities, buildings and grounds.
- Utilizes a computerized maintenance management system to optimize asset utilization through scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Ensure that all utilities (i.e. refrigeration, electrical, steam, compressed air systems, etc.) are in proper working order to support production.
- Implements corrective actions identified by key maintenance performance indicators as a means to create overall equipment effectiveness.
- Remains current with latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to mechanical and electrical systems design and operation.
- Ensures corporate policies and standards are followed in both capital project implementation as well as daily maintenance.
- Complete all paperwork including maintenance records, incident reports and investigations, and others as assigned by the maintenance manager. Maintain current technical documentation on PLCs, instrumentation and equipment (PLC ladder logic, blueprints, manuals, SOPs, maintenance procedures, PMs, inventory/parts purchasing.
- Shares "best practices" within the Maintenance Department.
- Monitor and enforce policies, plant rules and programs with employees, contractors, vendors, consultants and suppliers (i.e. safety, food safety, regulatory, etc).
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
- Provides management of employees directly to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate in negotiations, grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
- Evaluate Maintenance personnel skills and abilities and assist Manager with developing training programs for employees' growth.
- Adhere to the Saputo code of ethics and actively apply the Saputo values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field is preferred and a minimum of five (5) years industrial maintenance experience within Dairy, Food, and/or Beverage industry is required or an equivalent combination of education and experience; previous supervisory experience required.
- Working knowledge of boilers, refrigeration, PLCs, electrical, cooling towers, ammonia compressors and packaging equipment. Skills required in electronics, instrumentation and electrical systems and troubleshooting, reading electrical schematics and understand ladder logic. Ability to calculate basic mathematical equations and formulas.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to select, lead, coach, influence, motivate, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to understand cost containment and budgetary principles.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. without assistance.
- The employee may be exposed to chemicals, wet, hot, humid and cold temperatures, moving machinery including forklift traffic, and noise levels exceeding 85dB.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is regularly required to work in an office, warehouse, and production environment
- Fine finger manipulation, using computer keyboard, typing and working with small parts, tools and components.
- Able to walk, stand, stoop, bend, twist, climb, kneel throughout shift
Saputo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).
This job has expired.