It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
As a Maintenance Technician, you play a critical part of the organization performing maintenance services and repairs in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, machine/equipment servicing, welding, electrical, HVAC, security, utilities, fire protection, pollution control, grounds, and improvement projects as needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts all duties in a manner consistent with company established policies, programs, and procedures.
- Maintains compliance with applicable international standards, federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities that positively affect safety, environmental protection and conservation, process/product quality and reliability, and operational productivity.
- Supports workplace organization and housekeeping efforts and incorporates clean work practices in daily routines.
- Inspects, repairs, installs, modifies, and maintains lighting systems, electrical/electronic systems, electro-mechanical production equipment, material handling equipment, pollution control equipment, and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems according to specifications and established safety guidelines.
- Installs and replaces new electrical/electronic replacement parts, lamps, ballasts, pumps, motors, filters, fluids, etc., according to specifications and established safety guidelines.
- Inspects work areas and equipment to ensure compliance with company, local, state, and federal safety policies and regulations. Responsibilities also include documenting safety inspections, citing dangerous areas/procedures and conducting corrective procedures, and maintaining safety equipment supply.
- Maintains waste water treatment, waste disposal, and recycling areas in a clean and organized state at all times in compliance with company, local, state, and federal regulations.
- Provides minor grounds maintenance in all seasons. May be responsible for light snow removal, yard care, and clean up.
- Operates overhead gantry cranes, powered industrial lift equipment, and various power and hand tools and equipment.
- May participate in remodeling and renovating of facilities, including equipment moving, electrical, plumbing, painting, and other construction related work.
- May design and fabricate tooling, fixtures, and equipment for production area.
- Works with and oversees the work of maintenance help and outside contractors as needed.
- Maintains currency with respect to technical skills by attending training events, educational courses, seminars, workshops, etc., as well as independent research as needed.
- Operate a sit-down forklift
- Perform preventative maintenance and participate in general upkeep of production equipment
- Maintain daily logs and record plant operating data
- Effectively, timely, and respectfully communicate and interact with other employees, supervisors, individuals from other organizations, and customers
- Report process and/or safety equipment issues to the Director or Production Supervisor
- Comply with all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements and safe handling practices as required from Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and company procedures
- Follow WHMIS, MSDS and all other safety training requirements and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed
- Regular and sustained attendance
- 5-Years related experience
- Experience with industrial electric including: PLC, Motor Controls, 480 Volt and 3 phase.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to troubleshoot, solve practical problems, and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft business applications to create, modify, and maintain spreadsheets, documents, and presentations.
- Experience with various welding methods.
- Powered industrial truck and overhead crane operation qualifications.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing and/or distribution facility
- Previous experience operating a forklift
- Ability to collaborate effectively and efficiently with colleagues
- Strong communication skills and time management
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 5-Years Training or equivalent combination of education and experience
This position works in an enclosed building that is subject to variances in temperatures, extreme heat in summer, and colder temperature in winter. This position frequently lifts, pushes, pulls or carries up to 50 pounds of product. This position can work various hours.
DuBois provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, service in the military, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and/or local law and/or regulation.
This job has expired.