Expected Travel: None
Requisition ID: 7098
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
OEM - Teleflex Medical OEM is a leading global provider of product development and production services for medical device manufacturers. We set ourselves apart with deep expertise, decades of experience, a dedication to design for manufacturability, and extensive, in-house capabilities, which include engineering, regulatory services, material selection and formulation, prototyping, manufacturing, assembly and packaging. We deliver industry-changing innovations and next-generation solutions for extrusions; diagnostic and interventional catheters; balloons and balloon catheters; sheath/dilator sets; specialty sutures, braids and fibers; and bioabsorbable sutures, yarns and resins. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
This is a hands-on position supporting the day-to-day operations of a medical manufacturing environment as well as all related equipment, machines and other facility functions and departments. Employee's time will be divided between both reoccurring maintenance activities as well as project-based activities to further improve facility and equipment.
- Use of standard machine shop equipment, including but not limited to: vertical mill, lathe, band saw, bench grinder, and misc. hand tools
- Follow processes and procedures in order to independently complete reoccurring maintenance activities
- Troubleshoot and repair machine control and automation systems
- Facility maintenance activities, including but not limited to: ballast and light changes, air compressor maintenance, and HEPA pre-filter changes
- Fabricate fixtures and machine components
- Basic repairs of fixtures, tables, workstations, shelving, and other equipment within facility
- Assist with equipment installation/operational qualifications
- Perform equipment modifications as directed
- Work with minimal supervision and act independently
- Assist in coordination of contracted janitorial services and managing inventory of janitorial supplies
- Assist technical and engineering staff with projects as assigned
- Participate in various department meetings, supplier visits, cost improvement projects
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience Requirements
- Coordinate contractor and outside vendor services as needed in order to support facility and equipment operation
- Order MRO supplies and maintain necessary inventory levels
- Perform (environmental, health, and safety) inspections and maintain appropriate logs and records
- Perform duties to ensure EHS compliance, including but not limited to: job hazard analysis, metric tracking and reporting, and hazardous waste management.
- Maintain and update preventative maintenance records utilizing COGZ software
- Update procedures and complete document change orders
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
- A minimum of 2 years facility maintenance experience and experience maintaining applicable manufacturing equipment is required
- Prior training in Right to Know, GMP and Clean Room Procedures is required
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is preferred.
- 2 years of Vo-tech or other technical education is preferred
- Experience in a medical device manufacturing environment is preferred
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and electrical schematics is required
- Working knowledge and application of basic electrical skills, including but not limited to: use of multimeter, specifying and planning electrical drops, wiring simple circuits
- Working knowledge and application of basic plumbing skills, including but not limited to: basic restroom fixture repair and replacement, machine pneumatics, and wet sprinkler systems
- Experience with FDA, ISO and OSHA is desired
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software is required: including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Visio
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Experience with clean room maintenance and environmental controls are desired
- Previous experience maintaining any of the following equipment is preferred: medical wire braiders, centerless grinders, extruders, and/or injection molders
- Experience with various PID and PLC control systems is preferred
- Solidworks experience is preferred
- This position requires the employee to frequently sit, stand, walk, bend and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.