At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We're a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we've grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter-from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
How you will make contributions that matter...
- Analyze test results, machine error messages, and information obtained from operators in order to diagnose equipment problems.
- Clean, lubricate, and adjust parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Disassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters and other testing devices.
- Operate newly repaired machinery and equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
- Troubleshoot, install, repair and maintain the operating condition of industrial production and processing machinery and equipment, to include but not limited to: hydraulic and pneumatic systems, motors, gearboxes, VFD/HMI/Servo control devices, conveying systems, industrial printers, valves, photo eyes, switches, heat exchangers, level controls.
- Repair and replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery and equipment.
- As applicablerefer toblueprints and manufacturers' manuals to determine correct installation and operation of machinery.
- Operate and support industrial, refrigeration, boiler and utility operations.
- Cut and weld metal to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts, and assemble new equipment.
- Demonstrate equipment functions and features to machine operators.
- Enter codes and instructions to program computer-controlled machinery.
- Complete scheduled preventative maintenance on equipment (planned and unplanned maintenance activities).
- Respond to production needs as they occur on the production floor.
- Complete accurate and timely documentation of maintenance records, work orders and task records.
- Accurately input and record PM (planned and unplanned activities into MP2 or other MIS/ERP system.
- Comply with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Comply with federal, state and local safety regulations.
- Follow SQF and Company GMPand 5S guidelines to produce a safe and quality product
- Adhere to the Saputo code of ethics and actively apply the Saputo values.
- Work together professionally in a team environment with coworkers and other department personnel.
- Other duties as required by management.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in a food manufacturing environment.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers, handle, feel, type; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl; visual acuity; talk or hear and taste or smell in a wet, cold and/or humid environment. The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in a food manufacturing environment.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; hazardous or caustic chemicals and exposure to electrical equipment/systems. The noise level in the work environment is moderate and hearing protection is required in most areas of the facility. The use of a bump cap and eye protection is required.
You are best suited for the role if you...
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Industrial ammonia refrigeration, high pressure boiler and utility experience.
- 1-2 year(s) prior industrial maintenance experience in manufacturing environment required.
- Must possess a strong work character and have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and passion for the job.
- Ability to multi-task and follow instructions.
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed to support complex operations.
- Critical thinking and ability to analyze data and situations is a must. This involves being detail oriented with strong emphasis on accuracy and organization.
- Ability to trouble-shoot electrical, hydraulic systems and pneumatic equipment.
- Strong electrical background in addition to mechanical skills. Experience with computerized or automated controls and ability to readelectricschematics a plus.
- Self-motivated detail-oriented and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to work any shift, including overtime and weekends as necessary.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated work history.
We Support and Care For Our Employees By Providing Them With...
- Development opportunities that enhance their career fulfillment.
- Meaningful compensation & benefits that help them care for their families.
- Opportunities to contribute to the community and enhance the lives of others through Saputo products.
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).