Kemps Minneapolis has immediate job openings for skilled plant maintenance mechanics, responsible for the care and maintenance of all property and production assets. Primary responsibilities will be daily operations of High-Pressure Steam Boiler. Any License held under a First-Class B, will need to be updated as soon as qualifications are met. Have the knowledge of all phases of electric power, 480-240-120 and the lower voltage control wiring. This position ensures the continued operation of machinery and equipment in an electrical, mechanical, refrigeration, pneumatic and hydraulic capacity by completing planned and unplanned maintenance requirements on production, packaging, processing equipment and utility systems.
Kemps LLC is a farmer-owned brand of Dairy Farmers of America (DFA), a dairy marketing cooperative owned by more than 12,500 family farmers. Our mark matters and it represents the wholesomeness of dairy that we share with our communities and loved ones. DFA manufactures a variety of dairy products, including cheese, butter, fluid milk, ice cream, dairy ingredients and more, under well-known and established regional brands. Our fingerprints touch thousands of brands across the marketplace, and we're passionate about delivering the simple pleasures of dairy to people everywhere, straight from our family farm-owners. At Kemps, we manufacture Milk and are proud to provide families with fresh, delicious dairy.
By joining DFA, you can help us continue to make a difference that matters. We care deeply about the well-being of our neighbors and friends, and we celebrate the diversity of our company and our world. It takes an incredible team to deliver the goodness of dairy and enrich our communities - come join us!
OUR MECHANICS FOR THIS POSITION CAN MAKE UP TO:
SCHEDULE: Thurs.-Sun 6:30pm-6:30am or Thurs.-Sat 6:30pm-6:30amBENEFITS:
- $32.00 per hour starting pay
- $5,000.00 Sign on Bonus
- Union pension plan and benefits
- Competitive pay
- Paid vacation and holiday after one year of service
- Career growth opportunities - we promote from within!
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Service recognition and employee rewards
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Uniforms provided
- Work for dairy farm families
DFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screenings including drug, background and criminal checks
- Minimum one year experience in a maintenance role within a manufacturing facility, preferably food and beverage industry
- Minimum one year experience with one or more technical experiences: Electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic, computer-controlled equipment, PLC and/or HVAC
- Minimum one year experience with a variety of equipment including lubricating, cleaning, material handling, motor control, relay control, process control and packaging equipment
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Must be able to handle basic hand tools
- Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift; occasionally required to climb or balance
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to work in a cold, wet environment with moderate to high noise volume
- May experience some exposure to fumes airborne particles, chemicals or allergens
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends, and holiday
- Subset license or certifications may be required
- 2-3 years field related experience
- Three years of experience required in a maintenance role within a manufacturing facility
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
California applicants, click here for information regarding the data collection notice for California Consumer Privacy Act.
This job has expired.