Mercy Care Center, a member of Trinity Health -Committed to the health and wellness of the communities we serve, both in major cities and underserved areas. As an innovative health organization, we offer the most comprehensive care for everyone in our communities at all stages of life while upholding our mission to be your most trusted health partner for life.
Monday - Friday no weekends or holidays
3753 S Cottage Grove Ave
We current Seek an experienced Mammography Technologist to produce high quality mammography images for our Illinois Breast and Cervical Cancer Center Program (IBCCP) patients
In this role, the Mammography Technologist will perform mammography in order to assist physicians in the diagnosis and/or treatment of medical disorders; performs related clerical and serviced duties.
- Assesses plans, provides intervention, and evaluates care for each patient based on protocol to avoid unnecessary radiation exposure.
- Prepares equipment and supplies necessary for radiographic procedures and performs daily tasks to ensure patient safety. Maintains current licensure and educational points to ensure expansion of job knowledge.
- Performs in accordance to and maintain written records of all QA testing required by ACR and MQSA. Maintains communication with radiology personnel, patients, and all Medical Center staff to ensure cooperation.
- Produces high quality images while maintaining a reject rate of less than 10%. Adheres to six-point film critique and procedures protocols at all times. Accurately completes images within proper time parameters.
- Correctly identifies films with patient identification and proper markers.
- Associates Degree OR equivalent training acquired via work experience or education
Specific Degree(s): Mammography, Radiologic Technology
- 1-2 years of previous job-related experience
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) American Heart Association (AHA) only
- Registered Radiographic Technologist
- Registered Radiographic Technologist (Mammography)
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.