A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Your role:manages the financials related to Manufacturing and all technical investments across the Danvers Manufacturing Operation within the Life Science sector. Provides financial information to facilitate decisions on a wide scope of operational and strategic matters. A financial advisor and partner to the Site Leader in charge of all areas of financial responsibility, including but not limited to financial reporting and forecasting, operations analysis, resource allocation, capital expenditure planning, controlling and compliance. In addition, support Strategic planning and decisions for the site, including Production; Manufacturing footprint optimization; Capital investments; Scorecard Metrics (Financial and non-financial KPIs).
Who you are:Required:
- Work effectively in a dynamic and fast paced environment using best practice and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services and to define processes and standards.
- Employ advanced analytical skills and take different perspectives to identify solutions to complex issues.
- Demonstrate business knowledge and use understanding of how relevant areas integrate to achieve objectives.
- Support business plans for financial assessment and collaborate on investment and operational planning.
- Deliver on timely reporting requirements per guidelines (Operating KPI's, Manufacturing Costs & Variances, CAPEX and Inventory) including relevant site-specific metrics.
- Support all other ad hoc reporting requirements (Corporate, Local, Business Unit) as required.
- Responsible for regular forecasting processes and ownership for the Annual Operating Planand Cost Roll Process.
- An experienced senior finance professional with extensive experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or equivalent, with additional Accounting qualification.
- At least 5+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis.
- A true business partner able to advise a range of teams on differing needs.
- Capable of building strong working relationships and act a financial representative within the senior leadership team.
- Strong analytical skills and detail driven.
- Must be self-motivated and able to prioritise high volume workloads.
- Experienced working on process improvement with a future orientated attitude.
- 8+ years of financial planning and analysis experience.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 214908
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time