SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE AND FUNCTION: The Manager/ Sr. Financial Analyst for Finance Business Partnership is a role within the Finance and Accounting organization and is responsible for consolidation of SG&A budgets, partnership with Business Leaders in budget and project management, financial analysis, variance analysis and forecast.
This role requires impeccable attention to detail, a strong balance between accounting and financial skills, advanced financial modelling skills, and strong communication skills since there will be interactions with stakeholders across VCA.
The role has three major functions:
- Corporate FP&A, including planning, forecasting, and consolidating SG&A budgets and required presentations to our parent company Mars Inc. You will need to provide the financial story and insights behind the numbers. You will use your advance financial modelling skills to automate consolidation models and report deliverables on time and with a high level of accuracy.
- Finance Project Management. You will partner with our IT organization to own the financial governance of IT projects, including establishing the project financials and IRR, identifying opportunities for savings, reporting actuals vs. budgets, and understanding capital vs. expense allocation of project budgets. You will be the right-hand person of the IT organization and will connect Finance with various stakeholders to develop and maintain strong financial governance and project management
- Business Reporting - Budget vs. Actuals Reporting with Business Leaders, Expense bridges, ad-hoc reporting, and productivity projects
- Potential opportunity to manage one direct report.
Together with our members, we are proud to come to work every day knowing that we're creating a better world for pets. We are highly driven by our mission and principles, and you should be too.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Assist with the annual financial planning and budgeting processes
- Provide budget owners with business support
- Track, identify and research variances to Plan, Prior year and Forecast expenses. Follow through and proactively identify opportunities for improvements.
- Provide robust modeling and reporting to facilitate executive-level decision making
- Support ad hoc projects, including project management
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the Sr. Manager, Finance Business Partnership.
- 5+ years of pure FP&A experience within a multi-national environment
- Advanced computer skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Experience in health care, retail, consumer-oriented or multi-site industry.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to demonstrate deep expertise in financial modeling and analysis, budgeting and forecasting, and corporate finance.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to self-motivate. You must exhibit a growth mentality and a desire to build organizations and best in class processes.
- Ability to generate output with a very high degree of quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Accounting Principles
- Effective Written and Verbal Communication
- Relationship Management
- Advance Financial Modeling
[Required for CA, NY, WA, CO only]: Compensation is negotiable based on education, experience, and other relevant credentials. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $85,200 - $127,800. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
This job has expired.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com