Manager Laboratory (Dana) Mass Eye and Ear with benefits.
The Laboratory of Corneal Immunology, Transplantation and Regeneration, led by Dr. Reza Dana at the Schepens Eye Research Institute of Massachusetts Eye and Ear, an affiliate of Harvard Medical School, is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time position as Academic Manager.
The successful person in this role will oversee deadlines and processes related to grant submissions, reports to federal and private foundation authorities, and assist in orientation of new students and postdocs, among other activities typical of an academic lab, as directed by the principal investigator.
- Meet with principal investigator regularly to review project and grant funding status
- Organizing regular team meetings for various projects, including virtual meetings with collaborators
- Work with principal investigator and team in preparation of grant related documents
- Meet regularly with research fellows and students to track projects' progress and milestones
- Help fellows write research protocols, including animal care and use protocols
- Manage administrative procedures related to personnel, such as completion of new hire 'paperwork'
- Organization of lab meetings and coordination of national/international poster/paper submissions
- Working with the Institute's Biosafety office to help in orienting, training, supervising new staff
Monitor and ensure staff compliance with approved animal protocols and procedures.Qualifications EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Prospective candidates must have a graduate degree in a scientific discipline with previous experience in a research laboratory. Supervisory and management experience or a degree in Lab Management is a huge plus.
The successful candidate should be independent, innovative, and highly self-motivated with great communications skills and attracted to working in a dynamic and high-energy environment with students and fellows. WORKING CONDITIONS:
Laboratory environment.EEO Statement
Massachusetts Eye and Ear is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, sex, pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs
This job has expired.