The Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) team at Facebook builds the AR/VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in AR/VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Augmented/Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense-and we're just getting started. Our manufacturing systems team is responsible for building and supporting manufacturing infrastructure, connectivity between sites to ensure the success of the FRL Product Operations group. Facebook is seeking a Manager to lead the design, deployment, and operations of its consumer hardware manufacturing systems. This position is responsible for leading a diverse technical team. This individual should have deep technical knowledge, hands-on experience, and the ability to discuss and apply technical solutions to business challenges.
- Lead teams responsible for the design, deployment, and continuous, on-call support of secure manufacturing systems and network infrastructure.
- Define and execute on the product roadmap and strategy to support business and engineering for all of FRL's manufacturing needs.
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with business leaders, provide engineering and support strategies that meet business goals.
- Develop strong partnerships with third party contract manufacturers needed to ensure seamless delivery at manufacturing sites.
- Coordinate dispersed teams under tight deadlines needed to build server rooms at global third-party contract manufacturers and distribution centers, particularly in Asia Pacific.
- Work closely with software, hardware test, data engineering teams to ensure application environments and infrastructures are built and closely optimized for each other in a requirements-driven approach.
- Integrate security into all layers of the environment in order to protect sensitive data stored on systems at third party sites and in cloud environments.
- Ensure excellent support, stability and maximum uptime for manufacturing systems and network infrastructure across globally dispersed sites and cloud environments.
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel required.
- Bachelor's Degree or related professional infrastructure experience.
- 8+ years of experience leading a cross-functional team at a multi-national company.
- 5+ years of Linux and MySQL experience.
- 8+ years of experience with networking principals, firewalls, load balancers.
- 8+ years of experience designing, building and hands-on supporting complex environments including systems, multi-site LAN/WAN networks, VPNs, cloud, and hybrid cloud infrastructures.
- Solid understanding of server hardware and sizing, hypervisor technologies (ESXi), and cross-platform integrations, hyperconverged, cloud.
- Demonstrated talent in avoiding or minimizing business impact despite existing technical challenges.
- Demonstrated experience 'defense in depth' security across all layers from physical to infrastructure to software.
- Experience with and success navigating IT logistical and technical challenges in China.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in MIS, CIS, Engineering or related technical experience.
- APAC regional management experience.
- Experience in manufacturing or other similar continuous production environments is highly.
- CentOS experience.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
This job has expired.