Position: Manager, Solar Project Development - Midwest
Location: Houston, TX, Austin, TX, Dallas, TX, St. Louis, MO, Kansas City, MO or Chicago, IL-working remotely
At Ecoplexus (www.ecoplexus.com), we are seeking individuals who have a passion to be part of the renewable energy industry and the change it is bringing, are self starters, creative thinkers, possess the drive to achieve, and have the capacity to assume increasing responsibility in a dynamic growth environment. We are looking for talented self-starters with imagination, creativity and vision. We are a rapidly-growing developer of large solar, wind and energy storage projects serving corporate and utility energy purchasers. We design, build, finance, own and operate projects across the US, Mexico and Asia. Headquartered in San Francisco, Ecoplexus has grown at an annual rate of over 50% per year since its founding in 2009.
Manage the day to day development tasks for a set of large, and complex renewable energy projects throughout its lifecycle from initiation to handoff to construction. Supervise, coordinate and review the work of multiple development functions, consultants, technicians and others and be accountable for the execution and performance of complex multi-disciplinary projects with teams working across geographies. This position will work closely with interconnection, permitting, real estate/land acquisition, GIS, finance, analytics, commercial, M&A, design and engineering teams to achieve project and company goals. The position reports to the Regional Development Director/VP.
Areas of Responsibilities
- Identify and prioritize target greenfield sites and acquisition opportunities for renewable energy opportunities by leading customer-focused, data-driven, multi-dimensional analysis incorporating input from cross-functional team members.
- Coordinate and guide real estate/land acquisition team on target greenfield sites.
- Coordinate and guide M&A team on target acquisition opportunities.
- Deliver development projects on time and on budget.
- Coordinate and guide the broader development team in achieving project objectives.
- Provide input to and support quarterly and annual regional development objectives and budget planning.
- Develop and set vision for development strategies throughout the development life cycle of a renewable solar, storage and/or wind project.
- Estimate staffing needs and schedules and assigns work to meet completion date.
- Track project risk throughout the development cycle, provide risk assessments and mitigations to Regional Director/VP.
- Participate in the development of key account and utility relationships, support origination of contracts with such key accounts.
- Develop proposal strategies, RFP processes or similar, and negotiate terms for vendors and consultants who participate in the development process.
- Develop/maintain business relationships with key consultants and vendors.
- Help manage adherence to environmental and safety rules and regulations with development team members.
- Research and stay informed of critical client and industry regulations and issues.
- Maintain and provide suggestions for project development tracking and reporting.
- Provide suggestions for Ecoplexus project development framework best practices and conduct internal training.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3-5 years of experience and a strong record of accomplishment in relevant roles
- Renewable energy or power industry project management experience required; solar project development experience preferred
- Exceptional ability to make optimal decisions to multi-factor problems that change over long time periods in light of evolving uncertainty
- Strong project skills including creating and managing project budgets and schedules
- Ability to work effectively with, and manage, cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage and support multiple projects simultaneously, with varying complexities and urgencies presented day to day
- Ability to effectively work remotely with minimal supervision
- Excellent people, entrepreneurial, organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in MS Office Suite (Office, Excel, and Powerpoint) and Google Cloud Applications (Google Docs, Sheets, Presentations)
- The duties and responsibilities are generally performed in an office environment, but regional travel can be expected.
- Conditions may also include extended periods of travel by automobile and/or airplane transport.
- May require an irregular work schedule and overtime hours.
- Occasional to frequent project site visits required which could be in a variety of settings (i.e., proposed project sites, and offices).
- May require safety training.
Ecoplexus offers a competitive salary, strong bonus structures, the potential for employee stock options in a growing company, a benefits program and flexible working conditions.No third party solicitations will be accepted for this or any other Ecoplexus position.
Check us out at: http://www.ecoplexus.com/about-us/