If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster's values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Manager, Software Engineering - Digital
The Customer Experience organization is building a centralized product management practice across all customer touchpoints to deliver a Center of Excellence in Mobility and Internet Banking experience. The organization will be a key enabler to delivering the business plan by driving transformation. Our winning strategy is to deliver a customer-first, digitally-enabled experience. This organization is uniquely positioned, owning the E2E (End to End) customer journey for Webster Bank.
As a Manager of Engineering, you will lead features across functional teams, each of whom owns responsibilities for building and aligning mobile and Internet app experiences across channels. In this position, you'll be accountable a critical understanding and assessment of digital app performance for Webster Banks consumer apps and platforms. The ideal candidate is passionate about leading innovation and simplified digital experiences for our customers. This role will lead discovery, ideation, execution and measurement of new capabilities and enhancements. Collaboration across the enterprise with Marketing, Design, and channel business partners is integral to the role.
- Evaluating the digital experiences we offer our customers specific to your portfolio by visiting/auditing each experience on a quarterly basis.
- Developing definition of use case scenarios of the customer journeys and optimal customer engagement for Omni experiences (write user stories/prioritize features).
- Driving the delivery of mobile experience features backlog in partnership with teams and other project participants.
- Ensures existing production defects are factored into regular backlog prioritization for resolution based on priority.
- Assists in running beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples.
- Managing the partnership with Business Transformation, Customer Experience, and channels to define experience aspiration/strategy for core mobile journeys.
- Supports product operations, marketing, and other stakeholder teams with the necessary product knowledge and additional documentation.
- Assists with the overall execution relating to all aspects of the software development process, from defining the strategy and architecture through deployment and support.
- Owns and manages product backlog and priorities with our business and technology partners. Communicates technical challenges to stakeholders and makes educated trade-off decisions based on those challenges.
- Collaborates and develops positive working relationships with many technical and non-technical teams, including outside partners and other third parties effectively.
- Strategizing with our product owners to prioritize experience transformation and other product initiatives according to business outcome and schedule (including submission of ideas through the intake process, incl. partners if appropriate) and employing an iterative approach by continually refining/realigning features and objectives.
- Leading to define technical solution requirements (user stories) and driving those requirements through the delivery process (including submission/management of requirements through value team grooming process).
- Analyzing data, performance, and customer insights to support decision making to drive customer-centric, digital-first solutions.
- Tracking and measuring impacts of new experiences to the forecasted business drivers.
- Driving solutions of complex problems by creatively using insights and influence to pursue the right solution that meets intended vision, purpose, and goals.
- Recommends product feature set and positioning strategies to improve customer experience, and drive or support growth.
- Develops and maintains current understanding of tech trends assessing how trends impact the roadmap or create opportunity for innovation of the product.
- Translates product/platform strategy by writing detailed features and user stories consumable for Dev teams for moderately complex products. This work may include creation of prototypes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or related field.
- 4+ years relevant Mobile and Internet banking and website Management experience in an agile software product development environment.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to identify/analyze/synthesize product use data.
- Experience in delivering large and complex business/technology initiatives.
- Proven success in delivering software with Agile Scrum methodologies.
- Strong requirements elicitation, and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences.
- Experience with Agile backlog/project management tools.
- Experience with successive elaboration and ability to develop Initiatives, Features and User Stories that the DevOps teams can ingest.
- Quick learner with the ability and desire to learn new tools and technologies
- Strategic thinker who is well organized and has a strong attention to detail
- Excellent written/oral communication skills for interacting with various teams across the organization.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team.
- Enthusiastic learner and devoted to customer service and quality.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and an inclusive team player.
Nice to have:
- Fiserv Corillian and Mobiliti
- Payment applications Plaid, Zelle etc.
The estimated salary range for this position is $115,000 USD to $130,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
This job has expired.