Managing/Senior Counsel, Compliance - Aramco Trading Americas
Aramco Trading Americas (ATA) is seeking to hire a Managing Counsel/Senior Counsel with expertise in commodities trading and regulatory compliance. The successful candidate will support ATA's Supply and Trading business and all related regulatory compliance legal workstreams in support of the business. The position will provide regulatory advice and support for domestic and international physical commodity and related derivative trading activities. This individual will have robust experience with trade regulatory issues related to physical and financial hydrocarbon trading activity as well as logistic operations, including storage, marine, truck, rail, and pipeline movements.
This role reports to the ATA Chief Counsel and works closely with other commercial and compliance counsel in ATA's legal team. This role will also act as a liaison with other lawyers in ATA's affiliated companies in the Middle East, Europe, and Asia to ensure coordinated regulatory compliance activities within the global trading enterprise.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Advise and counsel the trading business regarding compliance with U.S. federal regulations applicable to commodity trading activities, including compliance with the CFTC, FERC, FTC, DOJ, the OFAC and self-regulatory organizations (SROs), as well as all regulations imposed by the Dodd-Frank Act
- Liaise, as appropriate, with cross-functional teams responsible for responding to requests for information, regulatory inquires, and investigations initiated by federal agencies (i.e., CFTC, FTC and the OFAC) and SROs (i.e., NYMEX and ICE)
- Draft and negotiate agreements relating to commodity trading
- Provide advice regarding transactions and transactional structures to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Supervise and manage the creation and implementation of compliance policies and procedures relating to commodity trading activities
- Prepare and deliver training regarding legal, regulatory, and compliance issues relating to commodity trading
- Manage outside counsel in regulatory, investigative, and transactional matters
- Support treasury/credit trading activities in the United States and Europe by negotiating transactional documents (i.e., ISDA agreements) and providing regulatory advice
- Keep informed of and advise on new laws, regulations, and industry trends
- Take on any additional special projects and support other compliance program initiatives as necessary
- JD degree with strong academic credentials
- An active license to practice law in the US
- Minimum of 8+ years of legal experience; preferably 4+ years related to regulatory trade compliance in either private practice or in an in-house legal department
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to precisely draft documents, policies, and legal guidance that is concise and digestible for non-lawyers
- Detail oriented, organized, and effectively able to manage multiple matters while balancing competing deadlines
- Capable of working independently, with others in the legal department, and across the company with non-lawyer stakeholders
- Must be able to work in an office environment located in downtown Houston, TX
- Experience partnering with compliance organizations to support the design, implementation, and administration of trade compliance programs
- Experience handling commercial matters related to supply, trading, and logistics
- Experience in FCPA, Anti-Boycott, Anti-Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Trust and other corporate compliance legal advisory support
We reserve the right to amend or withdraw Motiva jobs at any time, including prior to the closing date. Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or grade.
Applicants for regular U.S. positions must be authorized to work in the United States for Motiva Enterprises LLC without the need for sponsorship of an immigration authorization or visa (for example, TN, H-1B, or other employment-based immigration authorization or visa).
Motiva participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status under federal, state, or local laws.
This job has expired.