Picture yourself at Thomson. Working in an air conditioned and clean environment in which leadership and employees are engaged. All benefits begin day 1 including paid time off.
We are looking for a Manual Machinist to join our team. To be considered some manufacturing/shop or related experience; however, Thomson will train the right candidate.
We invite you to explore the opportunity of advancing your career with Thomson. For more information about us, visit www.thomsonlinear.com/marengo.
This position is responsible for setting up and running O.D. Grinder, and inspection techniques for all operations. Performs secondary operations as required and deburr parts. Communicates essential information to the production leader or supervisor as required. Performs duties of similar complexity as assigned by cell leader, production leader or supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Job Requirements Education and Experience Requirements
- Required to exhibit the ability to read and follow work instructions both written and verbal.
- Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of work situations.
- The ability to perform basic math calculations including: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Adhere to all health and safety requirements including 5S responsibilities.
- Flexibility and reliability, including good focus and attendance.
- Twist, turn, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach and walk repetitively, and work with oils, coolants and lubricants.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- Good planning, organizing and communication
- The ability to multi-task and be a team player.
- Good reading and comprehension.
- Preferred successful completion of a blueprint reading course or a comprehensive understanding and ability to read and follow blueprints.
- Use of inspection equipment to include, but not limited to: Micrometers, pitch micrometers, indicator micrometers, calipers, indicators, thread gauges, length gages, and tape measure.
- The ability to work long periods standing up; lift and manipulate heavy loads (up to 50 lbs with assistance).
- Must be willing to work overtime, which may include occasional weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com.
This job has expired.