Department Mission Statement:
To support the development of new Hendrickson suspension components while maintaining that Hendrickson is a profitable company. We will do this by simultaneously developing the manufacturing processes and tools alongside product development. We will focus on creating processes that are capable, sustainable, and within takt time. These processes must support the capacity needed by the customer within reasonable financial payback to our company.
A Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for designing and developing tools, fixtures, and processes to support existing products and new product development initiatives. These will include but are not limited to:
• Welding fixtures
• Robotic welding / material handling cells.
• Plant layouts / material flow
• Equipment manuals
• This individual must champion the engineering design process (concept, design, drawing creation, build, document), installation, MPAP, and long-term technical support of the manufacturing processes. This will include meeting quality, capability, cost and time targets.
• This individual must be able to develop and implement capital or expense projects. This will include:
- Researching new and established manufacturing technologies
- Planning the capital and time needed to implement the technology
- Writing CER (Capital Expenditure Request) proposals to be reviewed. Upon project approval, this engineer will be responsible for:
- Procuring the necessary equipment
- Installing it in the manufacturing plant
- Meeting cost and time targets.
• This individual must also participate in product and process design reviews. The position is responsible for helping to improve the quality of the product while lowering the cost to produce it. Education and Training: •
Bachelor's degree in a related technical area is required (Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering preferred). Minimum Qualifications:
• 5+ years of engineering experience required.
• Professional experience in manufacturing engineering in a metal working and fabricating environment is desirable.
• Formal training in robotic systems, metal fabrication and arc welding is desirable.
• Candidate must demonstrate an ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and GD&T.
• 3D modeling experience is required. PTC Creo III preferred.
• Hands-on experience in tooling & fixturing methodology is required.
• Experience in procurement of manufacturing systems and equipment required.
• Production experience is preferred. Physical Demands:
• Frequent sitting, work at a computer for extended periods of time
• Must be willing to travel to Hendrickson manufacturing facilities on an as-needed basis
• Must be able to lead the physical assembly of his/her own mechanical machine designs, making adjustments as needed. Environmental Conditions:
• Office setting & shop floor setting
• Candidate will be working in and around industrial machinery. May be exposed to the following processes and the environmental conditions inherent with each: welding, machining, forming, metal surface treatment, laser cutting, plasma cutting, and other metal working and assembly processes.
• All necessary PPE (as defined by OSHA) and training associated with such will be provided. Behavioral Traits:
• Must be punctual, self-motivated, and ethical.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to work well within a team environment and collaborate with different functional groups
• Strong organizational and documentation skills
• Strong problem solving and deductive reasoning skills
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This job has expired.