Nestlé USA and Gerber have always been committed to offering healthy foods and products in people's lives from the beginning. Now more than ever, we are dedicated to bringing even more quality ingredients and nutritious foods. Nestlé USA and Gerber are transforming what we do, how we do it, and how we work to enrich healthy lives.
Now is the time to define your future, and ours, too. Find your fulfilling personal and professional life, matched with our competitive benefits, focus on innovation and limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career. Discover the ways that Nestlé USA & Gerber values and supports our employees and community. Giving back continues to be a part of our tradition. As the world's leading nutrition, health & wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it's about enriching you.
Gerber Products Company dba Nestlé Infant Nutrition is seeking a Manufacturing Operations Supervisor to join its' team at our Fremont, MI, facility.
This position will be responsible for providing supervision to a plant business unit. This includes implementing/supporting TPM - Nestlé Continuous Excellence initiatives as well as day-to-day operations of the business unit. Must be able to work all shifts (1st, 2nd, 3rd and alternative work week).
* Manage day-to-day operations of the business unit to assure collaboration of shifts to guarantee smooth transitions.
* Provides leadership/direction to hourly employees and serve as a model of example for the team
* Ensure that personnel are properly trained and following approved processes to facilitate the manufacturing of quality goods based on accepted practices, regulatory requirements, and/or company policies.
* Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve production goals.
* Prepare paperwork / reports on a timely basis.
* Develop, maintain and empower a quality conscientious attitude among employees. Ensure all raw material, packaging material, Work in Progress (WIP) and finished goods are handled within Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and First Expired First-Out (FEFO) guidelines.
* Maintain ISO food safety, occupational safety and environmental level facility, with a focus on safe work practices and housekeeping programs, as well as maintenance and upkeep of all equipment.
* Identify, recommend, develop and implement improvements in safety, quality, processes, costs and SOP documentation.
* Help identify long term opportunities and solutions for continuous improvement. Promote open communications between shifts and departments. Develop teamwork approach to teams
* Maintain housekeeping, sanitation and safety through employee involvement and adherence to the Departments 5S standards/initiatives.
* Actively support and participate in facility's TPM / continuous improvement efforts.
* Set ambitious objectives and motivate the shift to achieve them.
Safety, Health, and Environmental
* Responsible to have safe work instructions available for all positions.
* Follow all sanitation, GMP, safety, quality and employee relation programs.
* Ensure all employees have the required level of safety training, all equipment and installations are well maintained with safety guards & devices and associates are using the appropriate PPE.
* Assure activities being performed having an environmental impact are communicated and accomplished according to the environmental management systems.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
BS/BA degree required.
* 2-3 years progressive experience in a manufacturing environment preferred experience in food processing, aseptic or pharmaceutical industry.
* Food manufacturing experience highly preferred.
* Previous supervisory/people leader responsibilities required.
* Mentor and lead teams of diverse memberships to successful results
* Comprehend, educate others and enforce relevant policies/procedures pertinent to safety, quality, sanitation, security and operations
* Communicate with all levels of personnel and elevate issues when necessary
* Demonstrated ability to utilize a personal computer effectively in a LAN environment.
* Proven skill in analytical thinking, understanding, technical concepts, and problem solving
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.