Job Title: Mechanical AutoCAD (Computer Aided Design) Operator
Location: Baltimore, Maryland 21227
Reports to: Virtual Design Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time / Non-Exempt
Work Shift: 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. / Mon. - Fri. (shift may be modified based on dept. demands)
ABOUT US: The Poole and Kent Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group. Inc.Poole and Kent is one of the leading mechanical contractors in the eastern United States. Our construction and service (mechanical and electrical) experience includes a broad range of commercial and government projects, including data centers, hospitals, sports stadiums, convention centers, hotels, and research laboratories.
SUMMARY: The Project Engineer assists the company in meeting its objectives and goals by supporting the Project Manager and project team, which are responsible for overseeing, and directing assigned commercial construction projects taking appropriate actions to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and with defined resources. The Project Engineer along with the project management team will ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Includes the following:
- Use computer-aided drafting equipment or conventional drafting stations, technical handbooks, tables, calculators, and traditional drafting tools, such as boards, pencils, protractors, and T-squares. Utilize AutoCAD MEP to create installation shop drawings and sketches from contract drawings.
- Draft working drawings, wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications, or cross-sections of underground cables, as required for instructions to installation crew.
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets to be checked by an engineer or an architect.
- Review completed construction drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems.
- Assist Virtual Design Manager in developing and implementing project-specific BIM strategies, scope, and plan for the work.
- Responsible for layout of Mechanical systems, including cable trays, conduits and equipment in 3D for BIM coordination.
- Participate in customer, project, and design meetings to gather and review project related requirements and resolve conflicts with other trades.
- Perform basic design calculations under Engineer direction and review.
- Communicate project status to report target delivery, productivity, and quality of design.
- Develop to become competent with reviewing drawings and specifications.
- Prepare and manage communications internally and with general contractors or construction managers for assigned projects.
- Travel to various project sites is required.
- Maintain confidentiality of engineering department and company information.
- Comply with I.S.O. 9000:2015 operations work instructions, contracts, safety program, and Company established policies and procedures.
- Escalate critical and/or sensitive issues to the Virtual Design Manager with recommendation for resolution.
- Perform additional assignments as required by the operating needs of the company or as directed by executives.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- One to five years related experience in the commercial mechanical contracting industry.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering and Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering desirable but not required. Or, skilled trade apprenticeship program completion in the discipline of plumbing and/or HVAC.
- Knowledge of the construction industry, contract documentation, and the industry code and design.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and city regulations and guidelines.
- Experience performing Mechanical/construction/engineering calculations.
REQUIRED ATTRIBUTES AND CRITICAL COMPETENCIES
- Proficient in AutoCAD MEP, Revit MEP, and Navisworks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel applications.
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Strong attention to detail and planning skills.
- Conscientiousness, personal responsibility, and dependability.
- Ability to adapt to an office environment and act in a principled, ethical fashion.
- Skilled in written and verbal communications.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively organize multiple projects and resource planning skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Must demonstrate commitment to company values.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of employees, government agencies, general and subcontractors, and suppliers.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be regularly required to commute to field locations.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.