Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson Industrial Coating Systems (ICS) designs equipment our global customers rely on for the precise application and curing of liquid paint, powder finishes, container barrier coatings and ambient temperature adhesives and sealants. Production lines work smarter with custom engineered robotic solutions from Nordson Industrial Coating Systems.
Design mechanical and electromechanical products. Perform mechanical engineering functions in the execution of assigned projects as part of a cross functional team.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience RequirementsEducation:
- Evaluate mechanical and electromechanical standard products by designing, applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, pneumatics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Design/modify parts and equipment based on Change Notice requirements
- Develop/modify 3D models & drawings for designs & changes
- Evaluate opportunities for design changes for cost reductions
- Review drawings to insure manufacturability and functionality.
- Assist production with standard product engineering related concerns.
- Analyze and resolve a range of engineering problems.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
Pursuing a degree in mechanical engineeringExperience:
No experience requiredPreferred Skills and Abilities
Working Conditions and Physical DemandsOffice environment.
- Strong communication skills
- Good organizational skills required to manage small projects
- Ability to take verbal direction and work task through completion
- Training with 3D modeling software like SolidWorks
- Detail oriented
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.