Global Tech Center - Warren
General Motors has a need for qualified Mechanical Journeypersons (i.e., millwright, pipefitter, toolmaker, machine repair industrial maintenance, mechanical maintenance, etc.) Working under minimal supervision with a high level of independent judgment and problem-solvingskills.OurMechanical Journeyperson is responsible for maintaining production and quality by ensuring operation of industrial machinery and mechanical equipment.
Additional Job Description
- Follow established safety procedures according to OSHA standards and company procedures
- Maintain, dismantle, and replace mechanical and hydraulic components (e. g. bearings, seals, details, carriers, etc.) on industrial machinery such as shafting, motors, generators, air compressors, engines, pumps, cylinders, gears, couplings, linkages, ball screws, high speed CNC spindles, coolant systems and filters, and combustion equipment and valves
- Diagnose malfunctioning machines or equipment and perform needed repairs
- Analyze machines failures and develop improvements to prevent future problems
- Layout, assemble, fabricate, maintain, and repairmechanicalsystems
- Use various hand or power tools for measuring, cutting, threading, grooving, bending, soldering, assembling, joining, and installingmechanical systems
- Read and interpret blueprints for the mechanical operation and assembly of conveyor systems, material handling systems, robots, and other automation
- Operate mobile equipment (e.g. forklifts, vertical lifts, cranes)
- Determine loading requirements to rig equipment and material for lifting
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes
- Fabricatedetails,tools,pins, etc. to facilitate machine repair
- Plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools or assemblies using blueprints, sketches, or models
- Determine quality of finished products ensuring defect-free parts, by verifying dimensions, alignment, and clearances for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators
- U.S. Department of Labor Completion of Apprenticeship Certificate in Mechanical trade (millwright, pipefitter, toolmaker, machine repair, industrial mechanic, mechanical maintenance, etc. orsix(6)years ofdocumented experience in Mechanical trade
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Experience with planned maintenance processes and predictive technologies
- Experience with industrial robotics, automation, conveyance systems and/or machining centers
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which includecomprehensive assessments, hair drug testing, and a background check
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
General Motors UAW hourly employment offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package. An annual incentive payout is also available, as qualified.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
This job has expired.