AMG Oak Lawn 4220 W 95th
Fulltime Time Available
The Medical Assistant is a key member of the patient care team by supporting the providers with the delivery of high-quality health care to ambulatory patients. Medical Assistants are vital to the effective operations of a fast-paced medical practice. Medical Assistants help patients transition from the outside world into the provider's office. The Medical Assistant performs a variety of important tasks to promote optimal health for our patients, including:
- Assist providers with important clinical duties, such as physical examinations
- Act as a liaison between patients and providers/specialists
- Measure patient's vital signs
- Administer medication
- Document patient information
- Collect specimens for testing
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate of a medical assistant program or at least one year of medical assistant or equivalent experience.
- Good communications skills. Experience using a keyboard and computers.
- Familiarity with equipment used in ambulatory care.
- Current AHA CPR certification. Current Medical Assistant Certification/Registration required. Non-certified MAs must obtain certification or registration within one year of hire with AMG approved certifying bodies including, NHA, AMT, AAMA, NCCT or AMCA.
- Ability to travel locally to multiple sites as needed.
- Ability to work in stressful conditions and difficult situations.
- Resilient and flexible in a changing environment.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials and life-threatening diseases.
- Ability to cooperate and work with others.
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions and ability to work rotating shifts any day of the week.
- Ability to perform lifting/transfer activities related to patients as needed, ability to stoop/bend.
Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.