General Summary/Overview: Responsible for assisting physicians with patient care, administrative tasks and maintaining patient flow.
1. Escort patients to exam rooms and assist in determining need for office visit.
2. Take vital signs and weights and assist in the patient flow, patient history, review medications.
3. Enter appropriate results of vital signs into the EPIC system.
4. Assist physicians in the examination and treatment of patients.
5. Clean and restock exam rooms, order necessary supplies as needed and assist in the maintenance of equipment.
6. Answer telephone courteously and timely and take accurate messages and transfer appropriate calls to Team Leader.
7. Schedule all tests and procedures as requested by Team Leader.
8. Pick up lab reports, X-rays and correspondence as requested.
9. Assist in the maintenance of tracking systems of tests and results.
10. Attend required meetings, trainings and participations in committees as requested.
11. Enhance professional growth and development through in service meetings and education programs.
12. Work in alternative departments and sites as requested.
13. Maintain patient confidentiality.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Formal medical education, training and certification as a Medical Assistant. National Certification is required (NHA, AAMA, NHA or NCCT) within the first 90 days.
Experience: One year of experience in a community based medical practice Internal Medicine preferred