Medical Support Technician I - Audiology
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
Answers scheduling telephones. Schedules, cancels or reschedules patient appointments using the Scheduling Guidelines or routes the calls to appropriate department or party in a professional manner. Facilitates the in-patient admit and discharge process. Assist nursing and medical staff with creating, maintaining, and completing patient medical records. Communicates patient care needs with other departments as assigned. Assists the Case Management Team in various office duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year experience in a position that requires dealing with the public preferred. Previous switchboard experience preferred. Working knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Computer, Multiline telephone system, copy/print/scan machine and other general office equipment.
- Able to communicate with easy medical terms for patients. Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Yup'ik speaker preferred.
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
ID:13529Location:BethelDepartment:Outpatient ClinicsEmployment Duration:80 Full timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 545-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)