Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Mental Health Professional provides mental health services, consultation, and training to patients and staff.
Education for Mental Health Professional:
- Master's degree in a behavioral/social science field from an accredited college or university.
Experience for Mental Health Professional:
- Coursework and professional experience that indicates knowledge of mental health counseling, group and individual psychotherapy, diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, psychological assessment techniques, crisis intervention, and mental health consultation.
Licenses/Certifications for Mental Health Professional:
- LMSW, LPC, or similar licensure as required by Massachusetts.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Provides direct clinical and consultation services in accordance with The Company Policies and procedures, policies and procedures of the institution, and in accordance with the ethics and standards of relevant professional organizations.
- Provides individual and group psychotherapy/counseling to patients with the goals of reducing maladaptive behavior and fostering effective psychological functioning.
- Provides crisis intervention services to patients as referred by institutional and medical staff or to self-referred patients. Crisis intervention may require consultation with institutional staff regarding management/treatment concerns, referral, and/or mental health follow-up.
- Completes diagnostic evaluations, to include clinical interview, interpretation of psychological testing, and development of a written report to include findings and recommendations.
- Provides consultation services for institutional committees.
- Provides consultation services to institutional staff concerning the mental status and management of patients.
- Provides training in human behavior and/or mental health issues to institutional staff in accordance with the institution's training program and as assigned.
- May be required to participate in a system of 24-hour crisis intervention services.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
This job has expired.