McLean Hospital will be opening a 68-bed facility in Middleborough Massachusetts during the summer of 2021. This will give candidates an opportunity to advance their careers at a comprehensive psychiatric hospital affiliated with the Harvard Medical School and the Mass General Brigham health system.
McLean is committed to providing easy access to superior quality, cost-effective mental health services in the Boston area, Massachusetts and beyond. Since 1811, McLean has been a world leader in the treatment of mental illness and chemical dependency, research into the cause of mental illness and the training of generations of mental health care providers. McLean's multidisciplinary programs treat a broad range of psychiatric illnesses across the full continuum of care.
For the Adult Inpatient unit we seek colleagues that possess:
- Clear understanding of the importance of teamwork, especially in a healthcare setting with a multi-disciplinary approach
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously while also respond favorably to constructive feedback
- Positive attitude with creativity and determination to accomplish tasks
- A sense of community at the workplace, and an understanding of the importance of reliability and dependability
- A value system of prioritizing person-centered care and a true joy of helping patients and their families
- Taking pride in working for McLean Hospital and representing our values at work and in the community
- An eagerness to always learn and develop, while also understanding the commitment to teach and train others
- Always being ready to help others
- Always listening to others and respectfully understanding that every voice matters at McLean SouthEast
All McLean team members are expected to consistently demonstrate our values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity, teamwork, excellence and innovation in their work activities and interactions.
Under direction of the Registered Nurse, the MHS provides direct patient care and participates in therapeutic milieu. Successful candidate will provide accurate and timely documentation of AFS, progress notes, and observation sheets. Establishes therapeutic relationships with patients, maintaining professional boundaries. Identifies patient behaviors that contribute to the development of a crisis; utilizes non-verbal and verbal techniques to de-escalate crisis situation. Participates in planning and implementation of patient groups. Active milieu assessment while assigned to checks, particularly attuned to safety concerns. Assists patients in their activities of daily livingQualifications
High School Diploma or GED Required. Bachelors degree preferred.
Requires verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in collaboration with others. No experience required. One year patient care or related experience preferred, preferably in a psychiatric setting.
Employees are expected to remain awake and alert at all times on all shifts.
All employees must possess basic computer skills to use a variety of electronic or online systems for communication, clinical and administrative purposes.
Required to complete electronic medical records training, and demonstrate 80% accuracy on competency test within 30 days of hire.EEO Statement
It is the policy of McLean Hospital to affirmatively provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment and existing employees without regard to their race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or a condition related to pregnancy including, but not limited to, lactation or the need to express breast milk for a nursing child, or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable law or regulation.
This job has expired.