This is a remote position. Remote: This option does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
Our Customer Experience Design team seeks a Motion Designer to bring our products and brands to life through animations, prototypes, and videos. You will be creating our foundational principles for how we use motion. You have conceptual design skills and the ability to tell compelling stories through motion.
This role is for a creative individual with excellent aesthetic judgment and a willingness to collaborate within a team environment. You'll inspire and elevate the team by producing work that constantly raises the bar and takes a people-first approach to solve problems. Your work will allow our customers to feel delighted every time they use our products and services.
Do you have a passion for motion design? Do you want to be a part of a creative team that solves real problems and creates unique emotional experiences? As a Motion Designer on our GM Customer Experience Design team, you'll be doing just that. This position will allow you to work with a very talented group of industry professionals pushing the boundaries of visuals on customer-facing displays in the expansive world of automotive experiences (web, mobile, in-vehicle, and wearable).
Additional Job DescriptionRequired Qualifications
- You will create immersive pieces that celebrate and inform the beauty of our product and inspire engagement
- Crafting motion behaviors, systems, and animations that orient, guide, and add delight for customers
- Produce motion studies for user flows, leadership presentations, and quickly iterating on multiple design solutions
- Lead the definition and communication of motion design best practices across various features
- Help shape the product vision by giving it life and tangible responsiveness
- Look for opportunities to solve problems in unique and innovative ways
- Help maintain visual and brand consistency between all products and outlets
- Present design work to multiple teams and senior leadership for review and feedback
- Strong portfolio, must have live examples of web UI interaction design and UI animation
- 2+ years of design experience
- Experience in a variety of design tools such as After Effects, Sketch, and other animation prototyping tools (Lottie, Flinto, Framer, Proto.io, or ProtopPie)
- Bachelor's degree in Animation, Motion, Interaction or Graphic Design or equivalent design-related field
- Impeccable sense of timing and a deep understanding of motion curves
- Experience working with or creating a motion design language
- Experience working on a collaborative team and partnering directly with developers for design implementation
- Ability to organize projects and project files efficiently
- Knows how to give and receive constructive feedback, and how and when to defend design decisions
- Professional experience as a UI motion design preferred
- Experience with 3D tools is a plus
Compensation: This position may be filled with an Associate or Sr. Associate (the median level of salary compensation for the Associate is $88,667 and Sr. Associate is $109,283).
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.#LI-Remote #gmremoteAbout GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.