Job Code and Payroll Title
009147 NURSE PRACT 2
We are seeking an experienced NP to join our dynamic and expanding program. This NP will be based in our outpatient clinic, and will collaborate in the care of patients being evaluated, diagnosed and treated for non-malignant hematologic conditions.A Nurse Practitioner is an advanced practice registered nurse who possesses the advanced education, knowledge, clinical skills and experience necessary to provide expert advanced nursing care in their area of specialization. They will be guided and follow the policies and standardized procedures, rules and regulations, requirement of supervision under CA statute, and bylaws of the UCSF Medical Center, some Nursing, Medical Staff, and any unique policies related to the provision of patient services. In California, nurse practitioners (APRNs) can practice, bill, and provide independent health care services under a standardized procedure in collaboration with a supervising physician.
Nurse Practitioner Hematology, Blood and Marrow Transplant Clinic
Days, Weekends, Variable
Additional Shift Details
Monday - Friday
California Nurses Association (CNA) - Registered Nurses Unit (NX)
Advanced Practice Providers, Nursing - Advanced Practice, Nursing - Cancer Services
- At least 2 years of experience as an advanced practice nurse in an outpatient or inpatient adult hematology program, or a combination of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated competence in the following areas: clinical practice, communication, clinical case management, and problem identification/resolution
- This position requires flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations
- 1 year of experience as an advanced practice nurse at an academic medical center.
- 2 years of RN experience in adult hematology/BMT, 3 years of experience in adult oncology, or a combination of relevant experience.
UCSF Health requires all Advanced Health Practitioners (APP) to be credentialed through OMAG to practice and be privileged through CIDP to function in their clinical role. This applies to both adult and pediatric APPs in the inpatient and outpatient clinical settings at all UCSF Health sites and affiliates. Credentialing, health plan enrollment, and approval of privileges must be completed prior to the first working day. Inability to comply with the requirements of OMAG/CIDP AT ALL TIMES will result in either, a LOA or suspension of privileges designationPosition Type
- California driver's license (CDL) if required for position.
- Must hold current national certification from an accepted certifying agency and provide by first day of work.
- Must hold a current and active RN and NP and Furnishing license in California.
- Must have completed a BRN recognized graduate master's degree program as a nurse practitioner.
- Must obtain an active and/or transferable DEA license to California and provide evidence by 90th day of clinical practice. (It is the responsibility of the employee to transfer their DEA license to their new place of employment if from out of state, via online DEA portal and provide evidence of transfer).
- Must have submitted enrollment with CMS Medicare and Medicaid through credentialing by first clinical day. CCS enrollment as appropriate for pediatric environments.
- Must hold current AHA BLS as minimum requirement
- State regulation requires that you have a supervising physician to practice
Full TimeDepartment Name
Hematology Oncology ClinicEqual Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Department Description
Hematology, Blood and Marrow Transplant ClinicAbout UCSF
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what's possible for the patients we serve - a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report - UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.Pride Values
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence - also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity - both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.Location
Parnassus Heights (SF)
This job has expired.