The Nurse Practitioner, working 16 hours/week, will be a member of the Bressler MGPO, an outpatient, psychiatric clinic specialized for patients with Autism Spectrum (ASD). This role will work closely with the Medical Director to provide compassionate care to those with ASD and other co-occurring psychiatric illness. Responsibilities will include evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and education.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs initial psychiatric assessments
- Diagnoses and manages ongoing care
- Orders and interprets laboratory and diagnostic tests and procedures as needed
- Acts as primary responder and provider in emergency situations
- Facilitates patient wellness through health promotions, education and follow up
- Participates in and acts on recommendation from clinical record review
- Completes all requests from schools, camps, exams for certificates, and return to work forms
- Completes all documentation as assigned and in an appropriate time frame
- Finalizes patient encounter forms and notes within two business days
- Responsible for clear, consistent, up-to-date documentation of all interactions with patients
- Independently seeks physician and supervisory consultation
- Seeks and is responsible for ongoing growth/development resulting in maintaining and securing active licensure
- Participates in performance improvement activities
- Assumes any other tasks and duties as delegated in a timely and cooperative manner
Currently remote work, conducting all care via virtual visits. Future work will be conducted on campus at MGH-Boston.Qualifications
A Board Certified Nurse Practitioner with aBachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Nursing - Child and Adult PsychiatricMental Health in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Current, active, professional licensure to practicein an expanded nursing role in the Comm. of MA.
Current federal and state controlled substancecertification/registration.
Minimum of 2 years advanced practice experiencepreferred in mental health.
Acts only within the scope of his or her statelicense.
Experience in mental health including clinical knowledgeof psychopharmacotherapy and commonly prescribed medications, their sideeffects and expected outcomes.
Ability to evaluate aclinical situation, draw accurate conclusions, and independently makeappropriate and timely decisions within the scope of practice for a RegisteredNurse.
Excellent written and oral communication skillswhile conversing with patients, families, health professionals.
Ability to communicate instructions clearly.
Good command of the English language, includingmedical and scientific terminology.
Strong conflict resolution and organizationalskills.
Knowledge of and compliance with institutional,JCAHO, HIPAA, and other regulatory bodies' standards.
Takes professional and personal responsibility forremaining current in clinical knowledge and expertise required for completingall aspects of the job.EEO Statement
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.