JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
Supervise and oversee the ocean export department to ensure the movement of freight out of the country, in accordance with organizational policy and procedure, and to comply with relevant local, country and international law and process.
- Supervise staff and manage operations for the ocean export department.
- Responsible for the management of workload and back up.
- Process files per company standards.
- Review all quoting activities.
- Set-up new accounts and assignments, review SOPs, update account profiles.
- Monitor new account status to ensure quality performance.
- Resolve problems or assign and follow-up with appropriate personnel.
- Support/assist sales department as needed.
- Maximize opportunities to improve customer service.
- Provide support for current and new employee training; develop and mentor staff.
- Motivate team members to achieve company and department goals.
- Maintain 100% compliance with export laws regulations and "JAS standards.
- Manage and develop efficient and effective flow of work to attain optimum efficiency and productivity of department.
- Quoting LCL and FCL.
- Understand country specific requirements.
- The incumbent will directly and/or indirectly supervise one or more employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve simple and complex issues.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Highly organized, able to prioritize/sense of urgency where appropriate.
- Excellent creative problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent judgment and initiative.
- Demonstrated leadership, people and process management skills.
- Both a team builder and team player.
- Able to perform the essential duties of this position without posing a "direct threat" to the health or safety of self or others.
- Able to interact positively and effectively with co-workers, subordinates and supervisors.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of transportation industry.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years export experience.
- 2+ years' experience supervising and developing staff.
- Strong customer service skills and outgoing personality.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office, JWS).
- General understanding of ocean export (LCL/FCL).
- Understanding Export Compliance Regulations.
- Possess working knowledge of accessing and using standard PC applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Internet).
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.ADDITIONAL:
Follow the Company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
DEFINITIONS: (if any abbreviation, the meaning needs to be inserted)Management retains discretion to add or change duties of this position at any time.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.
This job has expired.