Job Title: Office Manager, Bakersfield, CA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and support all administrative duties in the office and ensure that office is operating smoothly
- Perform receptionist duties: greet visitors, and answer and direct phone calls.
- Implements office policies and procedures
- Provide other administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group meetings, maintaining calendars, doing research, and creating reports
- Manage and oversee employee timecards and correct.
- Supports payroll department in ensuring prompt payment to employees.
- Processes expense reports.
- Make and issue check requests when needed.
- Works with the PM to submit contract progress and milestone billings
- Makes accounts receivable calls and supports revenue collections.
- Assists with the main office is fielding accounts payable issues
- Reads contract insurance language and notifies management of unacceptable clauses
- Request certificates of insurance for customers
- Assist with office layout planning and office moves, and with managing and maintaining IT infrastructure
- Manage office budget
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements, and implement new systems
- Set up in the billing and tracking system, properly insured, issued appropriate contracts and that they comply with federal and state regulations regarding worker safety.
- Perform additional assignments as required by the company or as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
PREFERRED SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- 3-5 years of Office Management Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree or currently pursuing preferred.
- Working knowledge of the construction industry, operations management, and safety practices a plus.
- Business writing and reporting skills
- Excellent organization, communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Scheduling and time management skills
- Strategic, analytical, and multi-tasking skills
Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, (i.e. Outlook, Word and Excel).
Join Contra Costa Electric, Inc, a division of EMCOR Group, the world-leading provider of planning, consulting, mechanical and electrical construction, and facilities services. EMCOR is a network of 79 companies and employs over 26,000 staff in more than 100 locations throughout the US and Canada, in Europe, the Middle East and South Africa. We offer our team members medical, dental, optical, 401K, vacation, and holiday pay. Apply now to join our great team today! For more information, please visit our website at emcorgroup.com
Contra Costa Electric, Inc, requires all new hires to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. Contra Costa Electric, Inc, is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
This job has expired.