Who We Are?
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Our roles offer excellent career and growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals with relevant prior experience. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. For more information, visit www.oliverwyman.com.
Team: Commercial Acceleration, Enterprise Shareholder Value
Location: Flexible (San Francisco, Chicago, New York, Boston, Dallas, Houston, Washington D.C., Detroit, or Atlanta are preferred)
Team Overview: Commercial Acceleration, Enterprise Shareholder Value
Commercial Acceleration, a business development unit within Oliver Wyman, enhances our firm's ability to identify major U.S. companies for whom large-scale, transformational programs can create substantial shareholder value.
The Enterprise Shareholder Value (ESV) team is part of the Commercial Acceleration unit. ESV is comprised of corporate finance and valuation experts who use rigorous financial analysis to identify target companies for Commercial Acceleration and develop insights into the greatest opportunity areas for targets to increase total return to shareholders. The ESV team performs market/industry screens to identify potential targets, conducts extensive fundamental financial analysis, and partners with Commercial Acceleration's Business Development and Client Impact Teams to develop shareholder value creation playbooks.
As part of a new and growing team, you will have substantial ownership and responsibility for executing and improving this capability within Commercial Acceleration.
As a member of our Commercial Acceleration team, your responsibilities will include:
- Executing and continuously improving our quantitative screen for large U.S. companies that would benefit from Oliver Wyman shareholder value creation programs (i.e., "target companies")
- Performing fundamental financial analysis and quantitative research on target companies, including benchmarking key metrics against peer and industry groups, developing valuation models, conducting qualitative research on target companies, and identifying areas of shareholder value improvement
- Synthesizing findings into concise storylines and written presentations
- Partnering with our Oliver Wyman functional and industry experts to develop comprehensive shareholder value creation playbooks
- Working closely with other members of the ESV and Commercial Acceleration in a highly-interactive and participatory team environment
- Contributing to the building of a new and growing business within Oliver Wyman
Desired Knowledge / Experience
- Strong equity market valuation skills, including knowledge of different valuation techniques (e.g., forward multiples, relative valuation, enterprise value)
- Strong financial statement analysis skills, including the ability to disaggregate different measures of profitability into component parts and ability to assess various income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow metrics metrics (e.g., profitability, working capital, and operating efficiency metrics)
- Ability to identify peers of a target company and perform quantitative benchmarking analyses
- Ability to extract corporate strategy insights from news, earnings transcripts and other publicly available information
- Strong written communication skills, with the ability to synthesize findings and develop a compelling story grounded in qualitative and quantitative insights
- Advanced MS Excel skills
Why work at Oliver Wyman?
- Familiarity with:
- U.S. GAAP accounting
- Financial data sources (e.g., S&P Capital IQ, different SEC Edgar filings)
- Public sources of information/intelligence for publicly traded companies (e.g., company quarterly earnings releases, earnings transcripts, and earnings presentations, company analyst day, shareholder and investor presentations)
- Consensus estimates and the concepts of company guidance
- Background and certifications:
- 2-5 years of experience in either investment banking, corporate finance, corporate strategy, private equity, or sell-side or buy-side equity research
- CFA Certification or graduate degree in Finance, or an MBA with focus in Finance, is a plus
- Natural curiosity and interest in using data and financial analysis techniques to solve major business problems
Working as part of our global, entrepreneurial company, you'll do meaningful work from day one. We're looking for individuals who challenge the norm, and constantly strive to build something new for the firm and the world around us. At Oliver Wyman, there's no "one size fits all" - we hire exceptional people and help them thrive through a built-in support network, flexible career paths, and no artificial barriers to advancement. We have a collaborative, supportive and impactful team environment - we want you to bring your authentic self and enjoy working alongside diverse and down-to-earth colleagues who do serious work, but don't take themselves too seriously.How to Apply
If you like what you've read, we'd love to hear from you. If you'd like to learn more about the firm during your application process, please visit www.oliverwyman.com/careers.
Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunityemployer.
Our commitment to diversity is genuine, deep and growing. We're not perfect yet, but we're working hard right now to make our teams balanced, representative and diverse.Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required for U.S. office locations. Oliver Wyman does not offer sponsorship for this position. Please note that CPT and OPT are restricted forms of work authorization.
This job has expired.