WHO WE ARE
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 30 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, finance, operations, technology, risk management, and organizational transformation. Our 5,000+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their IT, operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Our professionals see what others don't, challenge conventional thinking, and consistently deliver innovative, customized solutions. As a result, we have a tangible impact on clients' top and bottom lines. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
At Oliver Wyman Digital we partner with clients to deliver breakthrough outcomes for their toughest digital challenges.
We blend the power of digital with deep industry expertise to tackle disruption and create impact. By building strong capabilities and culture, we accelerate and embed digital transformation. Our people co-create and grow customer-focused solutions that win. We modernize technology and harness value from data and analytics. We build resilience so our clients are ready for tomorrow's risks and optimize operations for the future. Above all, we work collaboratively with our clients' leaders, employees, stakeholders, and customers to jointly define, design, and achieve lasting results.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Engagement Managers direct the day-to-day work of our consulting teams, working side-by-side with our clients. The Engagement Manager position offers excellent career and growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals with notable prior experience. Your responsibilities will include
- Leading teams of consultants in complex analysis and strategic problem solving including: problem framing, the use of advanced analytical techniques, results synthesis, and identification of client implications
- Overseeing and guiding the consulting team as they develop hypotheses; manage data collection, model creation and analyses; conduct primary and secondary research; creatively tackle information limitations; and surface insights
- Supporting Partners in project execution through excellent project management including planning and managing workflow, upward management and coaching/developing more junior team members
- Managing client relationships and networks, presenting to senior audiences, and working day-to-day with senior and mid-level clients
- Effectively communicating issues and solutions in formal and informal settings
- Crafting and architecting technical solutions to challenging problems
- Assessing client infrastructure and underlying technologies supporting their applications
- Exploring business needs to solution future state technologies and approaches
- Performing SaaS and PaaS vendor assessments as required for business needs
- Developing strategic roadmaps, competitive benchmark assessments, and identify or evaluate potential solutions that could support the market offer.
Just as every client project is different, so we recognize and value the diversity of backgrounds and skill sets for successful Engagement Manager candidates. We are seeking high-caliber individuals who want to join our winning team. Preference will be given to candidates with:
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, ideally with a top-tier strategy or IT consulting firm
- Track record of leading and managing teams, and delivering against tight deadlines in fast-paced, demanding environments.
- Strong background in strategic problem solving with demonstrable analytical skills
- Experience leading technology transformation, application and infrastructure modernization and rationalization (re-hosting, re-platforming, service enablement or re-facing) programs in Healthcare industry
- Knowledge of IT and operations strategy topics (e.g. IT strategy, business transformation, operating models, operations optimization, cost take-out, business / product build, digital enablement, big data and enterprise architecture, strategic data management)
- Experience working across varying facets of the technology stack and with various public cloud environments (eg, AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience developing and executing roadmaps to modernize technology platforms used by large US health payers and provider systems, such as claims systems, enrollment systems, clinical and personal data analytics, provider and patient portals, EMRs, and provider risk sharing enablement platforms.
- Strong familiarity with technology artifacts, including conceptual, logical and physical architecture diagrams
Our team comprises all sorts of people from all sorts of backgrounds. We don't care whether you're loud or quiet, funny or serious, introverted or extroverted. We do, however, ask that you have:
____OUR VALUES & CULTURE
- An undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program
- A genuine passion for technology and solving problems
- A pragmatic approach to solutioning and delivery
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A clear commitment to creating impactful solutions that solve our clients' problems
- The ability to work fluidly and respectfully with our incredibly talented and diverse team
- A willingness to travel (when it is safe to do so again)
We're serious about making OW Digital a rewarding, enjoyable, and balanced place to work.
Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required for U.S. office locations. Oliver Wyman does not offer sponsorship for this position. Please note that CPT and OPT are restricted forms of work authorization
We've worked hard to earn our reputation for high quality work. That reputation allows us to work with major brands at all levels on incredibly exciting projects. Combine that with Oliver Wyman's status as one of the Fortune 100 "Best Companies to Work For", and you get a rewarding combination of challenge, support and recognition.
Flat organizational structures, resolute I&D values and a commitment to rewarding good work make for a progression path truly based on merit. A menu of healthcare options, 401k matching, and a culture of continuous improvement means your work gets more rewarding over time.
We want our team members to build a career here-and to be happy. That makes us serious about caring for, mentoring, developing and sponsoring each other.
This commitment also leads to opportunities for social impact and community work on company time.
Our work is demanding, and we want you to have the best work-life balance you can. We'll work with you to accommodate your personal life with flexible hours.
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. Twitter @OliverWyman.
This job has expired.