Who We Are?
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. For more information, visit www.oliverwyman.com.
Team: Insurance - Life & Retirement
Location: New York, Toronto
Role: Associate, Engagement Manager
Team Overview: Insurance
The Insurance Practice provides leading institutions in Life and Property & Casualty Insurance, Reinsurance, and Pensions sectors with strategic insight and analytical thinking to succeed in a rapidly evolving competitive, regulatory, and capital markets environment. Our work spans a range of topics, including strategy development, financial effectiveness, product design and management, operational excellence, underwriting and pricing, and distribution. Recent examples of our impact include:
- Establishing a Greenfield insurer from strategy formulation, technology selection across the value chain, project planning through to implementation
- Creating a new platform called "Fulcrum" that enables insurers to migrate from legacy administration platforms to new ones in months instead of years through partnerships with many of the leading insurers, technology providers and Third-Party Administrators
- Designing a multi-year corporate strategy for an Independent Broker Dealer that included product development, distribution and operations and technology components
Our consulting roles offer excellent career and growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals with relevant prior experience. As a professional member of our firm, your initial responsibilities will include:
- Managing the execution of individual project workstreams. This typically includes developing hypotheses; managing data collection, model creation and analyses; conducting primary and secondary research; creatively tackling information limitations; and surfacing insights
- Synthesizing findings into written presentations; reviewing and discussing with clients and other stakeholders
- Supporting our Partner group in project delivery through accurate and high-quality execution
We offer a dynamic and personalized working environment that can be adapted to suit you. We can accommodate flexible working hours and geographies and use the latest team collaboration software to ensure we team effectively.Desired Skills and Experience
Just as every client project is different, we recognize and value the diversity of backgrounds and skill sets for successful candidates. We are seeking high-caliber individuals who want to join our winning team. While specific responsibilities will vary based on previous experience the ideal candidate will have the following:
Why work at Oliver Wyman?
- 4-7 years of relevant experience, ideally with a top-tier strategy consulting firm (or other similar organizations with project-based, team-oriented environments) or Life Insurance company
- Familiarity with operations and technology components for supporting insurance products
- Demonstrable success using modern day tooling (such as SQL and Python)
- Experience with insurance-related topics, such as underwriting, risk, and finance
- Strong mathematical background and willingness to get into the inner workings of insurance products
- Track record of leading and managing teams, and delivering against tight deadlines in fast-paced, demanding environments
- Strong background in strategic problem solving with demonstrable analytical skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program
- Willingness to travel
Working as part of our global, entrepreneurial company, you'll do meaningful work from day one. We're looking for individuals who challenge the norm, and constantly strive to build something new for the firm and the world around us. At Oliver Wyman, there's no "one size fits all" - we hire exceptional people and help them thrive through a built-in support network, flexible career paths, and no artificial barriers to advancement. We have a collaborative, supportive and impactful team environment - we want you to bring your authentic self and enjoy working alongside diverse and down-to-earth colleagues who do serious work, but don't take themselves too seriously.Our Values & Culture
We're serious about making OW a rewarding, progressive, enjoyable and balanced place to work.
- Self-starters and free thinkers who work well in a team
We are individuals who are self-starting, motivated, energetic, entrepreneurial about what we do
- Common aspiration, collective endeavor, shared success
We have the common aspiration to have an impact, leave a legacy and change the world. We have no interest in running a steady-state business. We want to build, grow and shape the environment around us
- Straightforward, open, respectful interaction
We value an environment where every member of Oliver Wyman is encouraged and expected to voice his or her opinion
- Opportunity without artificial barriers
We value merit and believe that to create a true meritocracy we need to remove artificial barriers to opportunity
How to Apply
- Balanced lives
We value people whose lives balance work and non-work activities because we believe they are both more interesting colleagues and are able to make better contributions to the Firm. We push ourselves hard to deliver excellence, but we also work to extract the maximum benefit from the flexibility of a project-based business. We provide the ability to take career breaks for personal or family reasons. We fundamentally value each other's time and are sensitive to how it is used. We are an output not input-based culture, have respect for people's personal decisions, and believe that one's workload must be sustainable. We seek balance for ourselves and our colleagues.
If you like what you've read, we'd love to hear from you. If you'd like to learn more about the firm during your application process, please visit www.oliverwyman.com/careers.
Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunityemployer.
Our commitment to diversity is genuine, deep and growing. We're not perfect yet, but we're working hard right now to make our teams balanced, representative and diverse.Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required for U.S. office locations. Oliver Wyman does not offer sponsorship for this position. Please note that CPT and OPT are restricted forms of work authorization.
This job has expired.