The On-Site Leader is responsible for safely and efficiently completing tasks and job duties while providing the highest quality services on on-site projects assigned.
• Provide assistance to operators and supporting environmental staff in the field.
• General manual labor support for team members during jobs as needed.
• Identify any hazards as observed for safety of personnel and equipment
• Requires the ability to properly wear, use, and maintain all forms of personal protective equipment (PPE) Levels A-D.
• Monitor job site for hazards and maintain a safe working environment
• Perform any other duties as assigned by site supervisor or management.
• Must be knowledgeable in OSHA regulations.
• Conform to all safety requirements & DOT driving laws.
• Confined Space Entry - Stand by Rescue
• Personal Protective and Detection Equipment
• Hydrogen Sulfide Emergency Procedures,
• Hazardous Waste Operations (Hazwhooper), Emergency Spill Response
• Medical First Response
• OSHA Regulations.
• On-Site Supervision, Safety Consulting
• Repairing, maintaining and adjusting equipment.
• Must be willing to travel weekly.
• 24 Hours Emergency Response.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Must have a valid driver's license (chauffeurs) with a good driving record.
• Team Player.
• Ability to sit, stand, walk, twist, bend, kneel, see, talk, hear, lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to handle all outside environmental conditions.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!