A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
In this position reporting to the Director, Oncology Enterprise Accounts (O-EAD) you will build, develop, and own the relationships with EMD Serono's important Oncology Accounts. You'll serve as the primary interface for the Oncology business of the customer accounts and is responsible for the overall customer experience with Oncology access stakeholders in their target accounts. For Integrated Delivery networks or multi-specialty accounts, the OEAD will establish relationships and maintain an effective community network with the access customers at multiple levels, including corporate personnel, medical directors in charge of provider networks, quality directors, service line leaders, pharmacy and financial directors.
The OEAD will be responsible for enhancing the organization's oncology partnerships, execute pull-through activities to support brand strategies and GPO agreements, and lead the development of overall account strategies by targeting appropriate influencers and decision-makers. EAD will demonstrate strategic leadership across the organization to establish and enhance the value of EMD Serono beyond its products and will serve as a primary contact for EMD Serono with targeted GPOs, Organized Customer Groups and affiliated network accounts, Oncology Pathways, and IDNs.
You will coordinate internal EMD field team engagements such as commercial, MA&CS, and Medical. Additionally, EAD will work with C/D-suite, Pathway, and P&T committee members and other access stakeholders such as Pharmacy Directors, Practice Managers, and Practice CEO and/or CMO etc. to drive EMD's business for the Oncology portfolio. You'llproactively meet with customers to solicit feedback and adjust plan on a regular basis.
Through leadership, strong cross-functional alignment, and collaboration with multiple groups this role ensures alignment with overall brand strategy, execution, performance objectives and customer value.
EAD will gain deep knowledge of each assigned account including but not limited to business model, relevant business metrics, unique challenges, and strategic goals to build and manage the account profile for each assigned account, detailing procedures for protocol development and current placement of the EMD's Oncology products on pathways and protocols. Youwill become a trusted resource / advisor for each targeted account as well as become recognized as the account quarterback at EMD Serono.
You will conduct quarterly analyses using all available metrics and will incorporate findings into strategic plans for senior leadership. EAD will demonstrate leadership by consistently communicating a clear and appropriate strategy for each assigned account, ensuring the efficient and effective use of approved resources to achieve business objectives while operating within compliance requirements.
The Director, Enterprise Account is a high profile, critical customer-facing role at the forefront of the industry with the opportunity to create immense therapeutic impact. Growth potential includes advancement within the U.S. Market Access & Customer Solutions function as well as EMD Serono's broader commercial organization.
Who you are:
- Bachelors' degree in Business, Management, Marketing or Related field
- Fluent English language
- 5+ years focused account management knowledge of oncology marketplace, Access Influencers, and community oncology, driving value, access and profitability in complex enterprise systems
- 3 - 5 years of prior oncology account management experience responsible for Oncology provider institutions or oncology GPO accounts including accountabilities for GPO pull-through
- 3 - 5 years of prior experience as an Oncology Field Sales Leader or Market Access Account Manager with proven ability to work within a matrix team environment to achieve results
- Experience conducting oncology-specific market profiling activities to ensure a deep understanding of regional and local health care delivery, influencers and payer systems by the oncology account team
- Experience proactively identifying business opportunities with assigned accounts and leading appropriate coordination of effort with internal stakeholders
- Understands current state and emerging trends in business operations affecting Oncology practice management such as payer initiatives, approved patient financial assistance offerings, Electronic Medical Record capabilities, and pathway development
- Experience working with C-suite level stakeholders with existing relationships and / or ability to demonstrate ability to build strong relationships with key decision makers in targeted accounts
- Strong strategic mind-set and business acumen including excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to develop a strategic account plan and engage key stakeholders
- Strong team focus and ability to align cross-functionally to meet business objectives and drive integrated account strategy
- Highly driven and focused on meeting and exceeding objectives within each targeted account that drive EMD Serono's business forward
- Strong customer orientation and account management expertise;Resourceful with strong networking skills
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Ability to work and lead collaboratively in cross - functional teams across the managed markets organization, sales, and medical teams
- Ability to identify leading trends, channel dynamics and translate to impactful access programs for our brands
- Collaborative leader and self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, dynamic environment and "roll-up-your-sleeves" culture
- Advanced degree such as MPH, PharmD or MBA preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 218398
Career Level: E - Professional (10+ years)
Working time model: full-time