This position coordinates training activities for a multi-skilled workforce. Work involves training and developing employees in basic, intermediate, and advanced skill sets across industrial trade occupations; facilitating scheduled training sessions; performing analysis of individual training profiles, skills, and assessments; and evaluating courses. This position also develops and coordinates training and/or intern programs which are designed to increase employability, boost motivation, and improve fundamental skills, schedules, attends and leads monthly and bi-monthly meetings with, interns, mentors, managers, and supervisors; visits worksites for observations; and processes and audits paperwork training plans and overall programming within the department. Applicant will also be accountable for the overall management of customer training/qualification portals, ISNetworld and the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER), etc...
- Provides training, development, and learning services through the implementation of strategic training initiatives, curriculum design, training delivery, and group facilitation.
- Schedules new and current employees for skill assessments and training.
- Coordinates the completion of assigned training assignments.
- Provides technical expertise as it relates to training in various trade, occupations.
- Assesses training and programming effectiveness to ensure participants performance are aligned with the skills they are taught.
- Collaborates with Human Resources, EHS and Operational Teams throughout hiring process for workforce development participants, including job matching throughout programming until completion.
- Assists in meeting program goals and objectives.
- Conducts evaluations throughout development phases and operations phases.
- Fosters professional relationships with industry and workforce development agencies (local, state, national).
- Schedules and leads meetings with interns, mentors, and supervisors.
- Identifies and coaches mentors, supervisors, and interns on stretch goals and career pathing.
- Coordinates meetings, calendars, and events around programming and communicates program details with community organizations and prospective candidates.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
- Microsoft Office Suite, database management, spreadsheets, and web-based submissions administration. Position requires daily use of the NCCER Registry system and periodic use of the TAO testing system. Experience in Microsoft Power BI is preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of work in a related field.
- 5-7 years of craft and field training experience
- Turnaround or oilfield construction experience recommend
- Strong knowledge of the NCCER Accreditation Program
- Self-starter with demonstrated experience handling multiple duties and deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail are required
- Ability to communicate effectively with organizational stakeholders of all levels
- Correspondence layout, excellent organizational skills, the ability to work independently and to work effectively with all levels of executives, management and staff is essential
- Some travel may be required
- Dependability in attendance and performance is essential
OIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. OIS does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.