Job ID: 269684
Oldcastle Coastal, a CRH company, is a division within Oldcastle APG. APG is North America's leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
Oldcastle APG's Operations Performance Teams goal is to improve APG into a world class manufacturing operation, driving financial improvement and employee satisfaction. The Operations Performance Lead is an integral role that supports all Operations Performance initiatives at the Company level to maximize efficiencies. This role will assist the local facilities in understanding and achieving goals that will drive financial results along with employee satisfaction. The OPL is a full-time hands-on, dedicated influencer, focused on delivering Operations Performance Systems (OPS) and driving improvements across sites at each company.
This position will report directly to the Company President or VP of Operations and will work with each site to:
- Leverage dashboards and reporting tools to continually monitor performance, identify gaps and put action plans in place to improve. Work directly with site leadership to execute actions
- Lead company performance reviews, track actions and drive improvement effort
- Monitor Dashboards and reports daily by using Tableau and Vorne performance management system. Lean in to assist with issues when they arise.
- Act as liaison between Operations Performance Team and own company, responsible for troubleshooting issues / communicating changes
- Provide OPS coaching and orientation to new and existing site leadership as needed
- Participate in OPL Connectivity events, ensuring consistency across the OPL community
- Conduct frequent site visits and support continuous improvement efforts by enforcing the 5 Plant Fundamentals through audits
- Participate in OPS academy sessions as trainer, as needed
- Implement and monitor OPS tools at local companies across initiatives.
- Assist sites in maintaining their maintenance programs by utilizing Maintenance Connection (CMMS).
- Lead group training sessions on OPS tools and best practices
- Conduct one on one training with new operations employees
- Conduct one on one training on production floor with frontline employees
- Drive additional operations improvements projects locally including - but not limited to:
- Problem solving local production / equipment challenges
- Support capital improvement projects
- Streamline site(s) processes - analyze each site, define the bottlenecks for each production line, build and execute a plan to increase production efficiency
- Implement future OPS solutions yet to be developed
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in relevant field including engineering, management/finance, IT or 5+ years of experience in the manufacturing field
- 3 + years of demonstrated track record of driving improvements in operations or related field
- Very strong analytical skills - ability to analyze volumes of data, synthesize and communicate critical findings
- Communication skills that work with both a frontline manufacturing environment and an executive team
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time within a designated region including some overnight stays (travel restrictions apply during Covid-19)
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Coastal, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 3, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Richmond Job Segment:
Operations Manager, Engineer, Industrial, Performance Management, Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing, Human Resources