At Facebook AR/VR, our goal is to make world-class consumer virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences. Come work alongside world leading scientists and engineers to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.We are currently seeking engineers with experience designing and modeling advanced optical systems for near-to-eye display applications. Successful candidates must be comfortable working in a dynamic, cross-functional team and have experience in optical system design and fabrication.
- Optical design and modeling of critical component technologies to meet system requirements
- Development of metrology methods for diffractive optical components and AR display systems. Closed-loop analysis of metrology data to reduce manufacturing errors
- Development of methods to increase manufacturing yield and lower cost of diffractive optical elements
- Master's degree or equivalent experience in the field of optical sciences, physics, electrical engineering, or similar field
- Experience with fabrication methods such as photolithography and thin film deposition
- Experience with optical design using standard design software such as VirtualLab, FRED, LightTools, Zemax, or CODE V
- Experience with multiple optical technologies in the areas such as imaging or illumination systems, diffractive optics, thin films, and polarization optics
- Experience with developing optics for products, design of experiment methodologies, and statistical data analysis methods and software (JMP, MATLAB, Python, etc.)
- Experience with hands-on laboratory work with optics metrology tools such as SEM/AFM, ellipsometers, interferometers, and scatterometers
- Experience working with equipment or manufacturing partners to drive for development cycle of optical systems
- Experience working in a cross-group and cross-culture collaboration environment
- Experience in applied research and/or product development of waveguide-based near-to-eye display systems
- PhD in the field of optical sciences, physics, electrical engineering, or similar field
- Experience with electromagnetic modeling and analysis of nanoscale structures, anisotropic materials, films, or holographic elements, using algorithms such as RCWA or FDTD
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
This job has expired.