Job Description Summary
About Lamb Weston
Started in 1950 on a small farm in the Northwest region of the U.S., Lamb Weston has grown to be one of the world's largest frozen potato companies, happily delivering the delicious goodness of fries to more than 100 countries. Lamb Weston has created inventive products and processes that are standards in the industry. When we look at a potato, we see possibilities.
Our people are a valuable and integral part of our business and play a vital role in our success as an organization. At Lamb Weston we offer the financial stability and career potential of a true industry leader.
Lamb Weston will offer you the opportunity to put your education and skills to work as part of a great team, contributing to the achievement of the organization's goals and objectives. You will be challenged to take responsibility, drive results, show creativity, and display initiative - and you will be rewarded for your contributions and impact.
When you choose a career with us, every day is fry-day!
Located at our American Falls facility just outside of Pocatello, the packaging operator is responsible for operating, monitoring, and adjusting the packaging equipment in a manner consistent with production needs and quality standards.
The function of the package utility operator is to follow supervisory staff instruction by performing basic heavy labor activities in the packaging operation.
This position is responsible for feeding cases to the Dyna Pak COP system, or Dyna Pak Attendants depending on system in place. Will be responsible for hand palletizing of product where and when required, for applying stretch wrap material, meta stacking aids and band when and where required. Position will be required to keep packaging areas in a clean and sanitary condition. Position may be required to work downtime cleanups as directed.
- Place and remove totes under bulk off chutes and out of cold boxes as needed.
- Assure proper procedures are used in bulk totes (clean liner, lids, belly bands, ect.) Assist in proper manifesting of bulk and cased goods as needed.
- Place cases on pallets in designated patterns.
- Place stretch wrap on pallets of product. Place stacking aids on and band them to pallets of product as required.
- Place bundles of cases on feed systems to Dyna Paks; load bundles of cases in COP magazines.
- Perform miscellaneous duties associated with cased product (i.e. remove damaged cases, glue loose flaps, rework light weights, etc.) Keep work areas in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Keep auto-palletizers supplied with slip-sheets.
- Use and follow safe lifting techniques.
- Keep all tools and equipment not in use in their assigned locations.
- Must actively practice and abide by all company work, safety and personal hygiene rules and polices.
- Works downtime cleanups as directed.
- Perform similar and incidental duties as required.
- Standing/Walking: (Continuously) combinations of standing/walking are required for up to 7-8 hours each day and at each station.
- Sitting: (Rarely) Worker must be standing in order to perform tasks appropriately.
- Lifting: (Frequently) 30-50# floor to waist level, when palletizer breaks down or loading ingredients to process.
- Lifting: (Occasionally) 25-35# floor to crown level, when loading ingredient to process or staking pallets.
- Lifting: (Occasionally) 36.5# waist to 6'8" when loading cardboard bundles.
- Carrying 2-handed: (Frequently) 30-50# ingredients up to 40' to load into the process.
- Pull/Push: (Rarely) 100# force required when loading totes in the process.
- Forward bending: (Occasionally) forward bending for 5 minutes up to an hour per work day when doing clean up or handling ingredients.
- Kneeling: (Occasionally) to do clean up activities or loading pallets or retrieving ingredients to enter into the process.
- Crouching: (Occasionally) to do clean up when sweeping or handling ingredients.
- Grasping: (Continuously) 75# grip required for hose handling and when manually handling ingredients.
- Climbing: (Occasionally) climbing may be necessary during the shift as needed. Climbing on regular stairs is required at times to access work station. Climbing of one to two steps ladder to load ingredients is necessary at times during a normal workday.
- Balance: (Continuously) Good balance is required to access workstations and navigate throughout the process and in loading ingredients. Balance is required in order to perform the job safely.
- Vision: (Continuously) good vision is required to operate equipment safely and maneuver ingredients and self through the process. Also to read measurements and weights in the process and product identification.
Apply here or attend our weekly hiring event!
Every Thursday, 1PM - 5PM | Hampton Inn., 151 Vista Dr., Pocatello, ID
Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Current Lamb Weston employees, please click here and apply via the Career worklet.
This job has expired.