Cenveo, a world leader in the management and distribution of print and related offerings is seeking a Machine Operator for its Williamsburg, PA facility.
The ideal candidate will have a High School diploma or equivalent and at least 6 months of previous work experience as a machine operator in a manufacturing environment.
Cenveo offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Operates envelope machine to meet production standards, ensuring product quality of each box and carton.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Completes required paperwork prior to starting job.
* Organizes parts, tools, and materials.
* Loads envelope blanks in non-web machines and keeps gum and ink flowing.
* Inspects quality of envelopes; includes watching for roll outs, folding problems, gum leaks, printing problems, splits onside, errors in window dimensions.
* Pulls envelope sample, packs envelopes and assembles shipping cartons.
* Handles basic machine jams. Notifies adjuster of any machine problems.
* Maintains quality and quantity production standards.
* Minimizes waste by ensuring waste is segregated properly.
Other (Non-Essential) Functions
Includes functions which are normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a "Reasonable Accommodation" under the ADA.
* Communicates with Supervisors, Operators, and Adjusters on and off shift.
* Complies with safety rules and regulations (wear proper safety attire; steel toed shoes or coverings, hearing protection, safety glasses, shields and gloves as needed), is not involved in horseplay, is cautious when near equipment and machines, always make sure safety guards and contactors are in place and operational. Maintains clean machine and work area (sweeps, removes waste, etc).
* Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
* Regularly required to stand or walk.
* Frequently required to reach and bend and stoop.
* Frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds.
* Must be able to climb steps to load the envelope blanks.
* Frequently required to repetitive grasping and horizontal movement.
* Exposure to high production/output machinery and equipment, hazardous materials (inks, solvents, glue, etc -- all materials an employee may come in contact with are detailed with readily available MSDS sheets), and constant noise.
* Must be able to work in hot or cold weather.
Cenveo is an Equal Opportunity Employer