- We offer excellent compensation.
- Qualify upon hire for an annual bonus of at least $2,000.
- Enjoy outstanding and affordable medical benefits as well as a robust paid time-off program.
Required Skills (essential job functions):
- Responsible for monitoring and managing the process flow from the Thinning/Shading tanks through the filtration equipment to the holding tanks and then to the Filling Lines
- Follows all safety guidelines and rules, environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment. Responsible for area housekeeping and maintaining the cleanliness of the equipment.
- Perform Quality control checks, prescribed by central labs, to verify that key characteristics of batches have not shifted from approved levels. Work closely with Plant Quality Lead and/or Manager.
- Knowledgeable of Corporate Quality System initiative and capable of recording and responding to SPC data generated as a result of quality checks performed during tasks.
- Makes appropriate additions to production batch, as prescribed by quality assurance lab; using approved materials and records info on batch tickets to assure inventory accuracy.
- Demonstrate consistent and efficient use of appropriate filtering and cleaning equipment. Must be capable of interfacing with GUI screen and other controllers.
- Physically capable of opening/closing filter pots to remove and install filters/screens in order to maintain clean filters for transferring products and materials during production processing.
- Move wash tote from warehouse to manufacturing floor, move pallets of filter bags to and from Paint Filtrator platform utilizing a fork truck (30% of job).
- Communicates with other departments during production process, i.e. mixing, milling and filling.
- Willingness to work and cross train in other departments frequently; Plant management expects that the Filtrator will expand working knowledge of process/batch system and become familiar with Shader position to permit work force development.
Company ProfileClick to see how you can paint your future!
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Basic math skills, ie addition/subtraction
- Ability to work safely and follow SOP's
- Able to lift, carry & empty 50 pound raw material bags in order to support batch production
- Operate & maintain forklift (25-30% of essential function of job) or other MHE, which includes ability to check battery, electrical charger hook-up etc.
- Can be fitted for and qualify with a respirator
- Ability to stand and climb multiple stairs several times during 8 -10 hour shift as needed.
- Basic PC skills & ability to learn and use company software and computer system
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently with minimal supervision are critical
- Ability to work in a team environment and the willingness to be cross-functional
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Willing to work flexible schedule & mandatory overtime as needed in order to meet business demands and cover for other employees during their absence
- Performs other duties as required
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success, and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Benjamin Moore, we believe diversity of culture, talent, and varying perspectives is key to a collaborative, innovative, and successful business. We are committed to driving change within our organization through purposeful Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) efforts, while also focusing on our customers and communities in which we serve. Our DE&I efforts allow each of us to authentically live our corporate values of Openness, Integrity, Community, Excellence and Safety. Our Social Impact programming of strategic local and national partnerships, in-kind donations, volunteerism, and more expands our ability to make a difference in the lives of all of our stakeholders. We hope you will join us and become an advocate for diversity and inclusion here at Benjamin Moore.Safety
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we’ve modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.EOE M/F/D/V