The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of UI Community Clinics is seeking a 90 - 100% (36-40 hours per week) Paramedic to work as a Paramedic with our Urgent Care Clinics. Our Urgent Care Paramedics are responsible to assess a wide variety of patients from newborn to geriatric and ensures patient care standards are met and provides access to additional care options not normally found at your traditional walk-in clinic including X-rays, IV fluids, and stitches. This position is part of a dynamic and fast paced environment, rich with opportunities for learning and growth. We utilize a multidisciplinary approach to patient care that encourages team work between multiple disciplinary team to provide the most comprehensive care to our patients. Standard shifts will be 3 / 12 hours but shifts could vary based on clinic need.
This position comes with a FULL BENEFIT PACKAGE and offers free on-site parking!
#StaffNurse #UICC #bestbenefits #wecare
Under supervision of NM/ANM (Nurse Manager/Assistant Nurse Manager) and Medical Director of Urgent Care and also receives functional supervision from APP's (Advanced Practice Provider) and functions as a member of the urgent care team. Performs technical, patient care and related clerical functions in the Urgent Care setting by coordinating all elements of the patient visit.
Staff will float between UICC's Urgent Cares, QuickCares and ILI Clinic sites based on staffing need.
WE CARE Core Values:
- Administer swab testing for COVID-19 and administer COVID vaccinations.
- Assists registered nurses, medical assistants, and LIPs in the delivery of patient care, with regard to patient condition and age.
- Performs patient care related to oxygen therapy and monitoring, cardiac monitoring (acquiring and interpreting 12-lead EKGs, cardioversion and defibrillation), vital signs, specimens (i.e. blood, urine or sputum) and properly packaging and sending to specimen control.
- Initiates IVs and venipuncture samples as well as bedside glucose monitoring.
- Assists with hemorrhage control, spinal immobilization and splinting.
- Under the functional supervision of the APP administers routine oral, rectal, sublingual, nasal, topical, otic, Ophthalmic, inhalation, intraosseous and injectable medications, not including "high alert" medications as designated by UIHC policy. Also, not requiring a high level of skill or nursing judgment. Administers ACLS emergency IV medications and non-emergent IV medications.
- Provides psychological support to the patient and family based on assessed needs.
- Notifies APP of any pertinent changes in patient condition or disposition; report unusual incidents, complaints or concerns to Clinic Manager or designee, as appropriate.
- Performs related and routine clerical tasks pursuant to performing the aforementioned duties.
- Driver's License and ability to meet UI Fleet Safety Standards
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Welcoming - We strive for an environment where everyone has a voice that is heard, that promotes the dignity of our patients, trainees, and employees, and allows all to thrive in their health, work, research, and education.
- Excellence - We aim to achieve and deliver our personal and collective best in the pursuit of quality and accessible healthcare, education, and research.
- Collaboration - encourage collaboration with healthcare systems, providers, and communities across Iowa and the region, as well as within our UI community. We believe teamwork - guided by compassion - is the best way to work.
- Accountability - We behave ethically, act with fairness and integrity, take responsibility for our own actions, and respond when errors in behavior or judgment occur.
- Respect - We are committed to ensuring that UI Health Care is an inclusive environment where individuals from the full spectrum of diversity - which includes identity, backgrounds, cultures, ability and perspective -feel safe, seen, and valued.
- Excellence - We dedicate ourselves to equity and fairness in research, health care, education and health
- Knowledge of ACLS procedures.
- Knowledge of drug and medical terminology.
- Knowledge of most common emergency drugs and their uses and usual doses.
- Ability to perform ACLS, procedures.
- Ability to perform patient care as delegated.
- Ability to treat patient issues with confidentiality.
- Ability to complete an assignment under time-sensitive and highly stressful situations while maintaining composure and focus.
- Ability to complete an assignment and follow-through with a problem to solution within the scheduled period.
Urgent Care is part of University of Iowa Community Clinics (UICC) provides comprehensive care to the Iowa City community and beyond. Benefits Highlights:
• Regular salaried position located in Iowa City/Coralville Iowa
• Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
• For more information about Why Iowa? click here Percent of Time:
90 - 100% (36 - 40 hours per week) Schedule:
Variable hours, mostly 3 / 12 hour shifts accomplished Monday - Friday between 7:00 AM - 9:30 PM, Saturday and Sunday between 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM, rotating weekends and holidays, no on-call time.
Pay Grade: 10
- This position will cross train to other Urgent Care locations and assist in Check-in/Check-out
https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/plans Salary: $
44,865.60 - $58,448.00 / Hourly: $21.57 - $28.10 (based on years of experience) Location:
Iowa City, Coralville and Cedar Rapids, IAMinimum Eligibility Requirements
- Graduation from high school, and
- Current paramedic certification by the Iowa Department of Public Health, Bureau of Emergency Medical Services, and
- Current course completion card in Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider by the American Heart Association, and
- Current course completion card in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) by the American Heart Association.
- Driver's License and ability to meet UI Fleet Safety Standards
- Minimum 6 month experience as a paramedic in an acute care setting.
Please attach a resume
as part of the application process. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10
calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. Successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check. For quesitons, please contact Jennifer Allen at Jennifer-L-Allen@uiowa.edu.
- Classification Title: Paramedic
- Appointment Type: Merit
- Schedule: Part-time
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Jennifer Allen
- Contact Email: Jennifer-L-Allen@uiowa.edu