We are currently looking for a Propane Support Technician to be responsible for inspecting, maintaining and filling cylinders, as well as, performing general facility maintenance to ensure order and compliance with safety standards.
- Prepare cylinders and tanks for refurbishing and inspect, maintain and recertify cylinders
- Help load and unload trucks and unload railcars if applicable
- Assist with fuel and asset inventory quality and control
- Fill cylinders for employees and customers
- Keep facility, equipment, and tanks clean and organized
***This is a part-time position offering approximately 32 hours per week.*** Why Suburban Propane?
Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our part-time employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting based on eligibility requirements.
For a full list of our benefit offerings please visit https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
- Clean driving record with a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver's License with HAZMAT, tanker, and air brake endorsements as well as a valid Medical Examiner's Certificate allowing for operation in interstate commerce preferred but not required
- Ability to lift 50 to 75 lbs.
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.