As part of the Waystar Partner Operations team, the Partner Operations Project Manager(POPM) is responsible for assisting with and managing org wide technical, integration, and partner op's projects. This position will collaborate with cross functional teams to manage large scale projects as well as partner op's process improvement projects. The POPM will have a solid background in managing and executing all aspects of a project and have a basic understanding of technical EDI integration between healthcare information systems. Will be able to lead, manage, document and support all aspects of assigned projects.
What you'll be doing:
What we're looking for:
- Work on high level technical projects to help reduce internal costs, update technology/security and improve processes
- Manage Partner Op's org wide projects related to partners as well process improvements and more.
- Work closely with leaders to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule
- Responsible for planning, overseeing, and documenting all aspects of assigned projects
- Responsible for the overall coordination, status reporting, and stability of project-oriented work efforts
- Creates and executes project work plans & timelines, and revises them as appropriate to meet the changing needs and requirements
- Manages the day-to-day operational aspects of a project and the scope
- Participates in project scoping with the cross-functional teams
- Routes work between all responsible team members in all stages of planning, development, and implementation
- Conveys project changes and updates the appropriate team members
- Prepares regular status reports and distributes internally and externally if needed
- Represent Partner Op's on large scale org wide projects
- Further develop and maintain:
- Overall understanding of all Waystar products and best practices on how they should be used
- A clear understanding of clearinghouse, vendor, PM, payer, and billing entity relationships
This role is located in SLC, Louisville, Mid-town Atlanta or Duluth.
- At least 5 years working with Practice Management Systems, clearinghouses and/or Integration of healthcare information systems
- 2+ years working on cross functional projects preferably as a project manager
- Working knowledge of business operational matters, finance, planning, & forecasting in order to manage program and business issues
- Clear and effective communicator with excellent verbal and written skills and a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to understand complex technical processes to help lead projects and support project team
- Ability to talk knowledgably about EDI workflow and processes
- Ability to multitask and perform well under pressure in a project setting
- Advanced computer skills utilizing MS Office products, Salesforce, FTP software(winscp) and WebEx.
- Strong time management, analytical skills, and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work in a group environment and independently.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of medical billing, HCFA 1500 form/UB04, and all ANSI X12 formats.
- Exceptional client service skills
Waystar provides cloud-based technology that simplifies and unifies healthcare payments. Together, our technology, data and client support streamline workflows and improve financials for our clients, so that they can focus on their patients. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; kindness; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic and fun.
Waystar products have won Best in KLAS® or Category Leader every year since 2010 and earned multiple #1 rankings from Black Book™ surveys since 2012. The Waystar platform supports more than 500,000 providers, 1,000 health systems and hospitals, and 5,000 payers and health plans. For more information, visit waystar.com or follow @Waystar on Twitter.