What Patient Care Assistant, PCAwill do:
What Patient Care Assistant, PCAwill need:
- Respond to patient call lights for assistance or by rounding
- Obtaining vital signs from patient
- Provide or assist patients with personal hygiene including showers, oral hygiene and dressing/undressing
- Transports patients as needed for procedures, transfers or discharge
- Maintains a clean and uncluttered environment in patient rooms
- Observes patient's condition and progress (or lack of progress) toward defined outcomes, in collaboration with the RN.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One of the following: Certified Nursing Assistant, 6 months experience as a Patient Care Assistant or Nurse Technician in an acute care setting, completion of 1 clinical semester in nursing school, or completion of the MHSM PCA training program upon hire.
- BCLS certificationobtained within one week of hire.
- Well developedcommunication skills, both written and oral
- Able to communicate effectively with individuals and groups representing divers perspectives
- Articulates and demonstrates commitment to the philosophy, values, mission and vision of the organization
- Delivers patient care based on standards of care, standards of practice, and policies and procedures in collaboration with the RN.
- Magnet designated facility with active shared decision making councils. We continuously strive to improve outcomes and provide exceptional experiences for our patients, staff, and community
- Comprehensive benefit packages available including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 403B and education assistance
- We serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities.
We live and breathe our guiding behaviors: we support each other in serving, we communicate openly, honestly, respectfully, and directly, we are fully present, we are all accountable, we trust and assume goodness in intentions.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.