Job Title: PC Technician
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Reports to: IT Manager
University Mechanical & Engineering Contractors (UMEC) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group. Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, operations, and maintenance. UMEC is a full-service mechanical contractor serving the western United States. UMEC designs builds, and commissions mechanical systems, including heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, and piping systems for commercial, institutional, high tech, industrial and military clients.
University Mechanical & Engineering Contractors, Inc. is currently looking for a PC Technician for our Tempe, AZ location. The PC Technician is responsible for installing, maintaining, and configuring Microsoft Windows 10 operating systems, as well as maintaining and administering mobile devices, including both Apple and Android devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties will likely be assigned.
- Maintain and administer mobile devices, including both Apple and Android devices.
- Install, configure, maintain, and upgrade Microsoft Windows 10 operating systems and applications and other systems as appropriate
- Documenting standards and procedures, maintaining inventory of technological devices, working with outside vendors
- The job requires flexibility to coordinate with other schedules and may require work after normal business hours
- Address user tickets regarding hardware, software and networking (troubleshoot networking issues, software conflicts, hardware issues, process user moves and changes)
- Guide users with step-by-step instructions (help create technical documentation and manuals)
- Follow up with internal customers to ensure workstations are functional (validate the mounted drives are available, printer services are working, email is available)
- Conduct remote troubleshooting (ask targeted questions to diagnose problems, test alternative solutions until issue is resolved, direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel, record technical issues and solutions in logs)
- Depending on the layout of the business, significant physical activity is also potentially necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree and/or 3 years of experience as a Desktop Systems Administrator or similar role (High School diploma or GED required)
- Demonstrated Windows computer skills/experience.
- Able to work scheduled work hours.
- Microsoft Certifications preferred
- Must have an understanding of networking concepts like DNS, TCP/IP, and others
- VMWare and server knowledge a plus
- Travel to job site locations in the greater Phoenix area.
- Must demonstrate Windows computer skills/experience
- Microsoft Certifications preferred
The requirements listed below are representative of the characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Must demonstrate integrity, honesty, professionalism, and commitment to company values.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, strategic, technical, analytical, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate in both oral and written forms with all levels of management
- Must have high standards of quality with attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as a team on projects.
- Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees, management, suppliers, and customers.
- Must have demonstrated ability to perform basic business mathematical functions.
- Must interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must comply with all operating policies, procedures, plans, and programs.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of customer, employees, unions, government agencies, vendors and suppliers, and other contractor organizations. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to commute to construction job site locations and navigate around construction job site locations. In addition, this position will require occasional night and weekend shiftsWORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee should expect to sit for long periods in front of a computer and is also required to travel to construction job site locations as needed.
While visiting job site locations, the employee may be required to work outdoors, be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical and electrical parts; high, precarious places; dust, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, extended exposure to sunlight; cold and heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNotice to prospective employees:
There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.