The Super Cruise Performance Integration Team (PIT) Lead is the global leader for a cross organizational team responsible for in vehicle development, calibration and performance of the Super Cruise driver communication and monitoring systems. This is a team made up of software, integration, calibration, test and release engineers and suppliers. This position provides the opportunity to influence the future of Super Cruise to build on GM's leadership position in Automated Driving moving forward!
Additional Job Description
- Lead User Experience /HMIPIT meeting and drive resolution of integration and performance issues
- Raise awareness of issues to the Lead Automated Driving Engineers providing data driven solutions and recommendations
- Support development of Analysis/Simulation methods to enable less reliance on physical properties. Define the strategy for infrastructure to support.
- Gather/analyze data (i.e. development, calibration and validation) to support customer facing requirements.
- Provide technical support to global regions throughout vehicle development to ensure robust program execution and performance
- Lead development of standard work procedures and metrics
- Provide PIT status at key program milestones/events
- Lead moving standard hardware work to simulation/data analysis
- Lead continuous improvement of Super Cruise performance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related engineering degree
- Minimum of 3 years of engineering experience in the automotive industry
- Experience leading development or validation of a complex advanced technology program
- Demonstrated ability of "dealing with ambiguity" to lead a team and ensure timely decision making.
- Outstanding multi-functional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with both Global and Regional teams on complex issues
- Ability to handle a multitude of assignments with high levels of composure and effective implementation
- Possess a valid Driver's License with the ability to operate test vehicles
- Master of Science degree in Engineering
- Experience in leading Active Safety or Automated Driving feature development or calibration
- Validation Leadership experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.