The Pipe Planner will need to have pipe craft level experience within fitting and/or welding along with experience with various mechanical processing equipment associated with piping associated with exchangers, vessels, and other specialized petrochemical process equipment. The position will be responsible for performing task walk downs, reviewing work orders, estimating/tracking labor hours associated with turnaround tasks, developing work plans, material take offs, and tracking turnaround timeline activities against schedule.
Must have the ability to produce reports, statistical analysis, and other data through use of common software programs such as Primavera, Excel and other company and client databases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Conduct field walks to identify and document job requirements as well as to identify specific safety hazards and or safety considerations that will be encountered in the performance of the proposed work.
- Works with site leadership team to determine anticipated timeline for each project task, determine the labor needed to complete the tasks, analyze the need for materials and or 3rd party services.
- Serve as key liaison between client, vendors, staff, and field execution teams to discuss and present estimate task details, logistical order of execution phases, and establishing anticipated work schedule.
- Provide estimating sizes, distances, and quantities to determine time cost, resources or materials needed to perform work activities in alignment with ASME and API codes as well as reads and understands process flow sheets, Piping and Instrumentation Diagram's (P&ID's), blueprints and technical petrochemical job packages.
- Build job packages for execution team that includes drawings, blueprints, photos, and detailed instruction to successfully complete project tasks.
- Maintains the project schedules in database at determined intervals to ensure jobs are being completed on time and within budget.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate process of schedule updates and progress reports.
- Perform project progress monitoring duties including identifying critical actives or Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and reviewing forecasts with progress achieved to date.
- Analyze the impact and extent of owner and or subcontractor delays; and or adjust estimate based on change orders and job scope modifications.
- Maintain a schedule risk register to ensure that risks are effectively managed to minimize their impact on the schedule, scope, and budge of project.
- As directed, may perform other tasks, functions, or project duties not associated with the primary assigned craft to best facilitate operational schedule in correlation with the individual's ability, qualifications, and skill set to safely and efficiently complete.
As directed, may perform other tasks, functions, or project duties not associated with the primary assigned craft to best facilitate operational schedule in correlation with the individual's ability, qualifications, and skill set to safely and efficiently complete.QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Shall be willing/able to perform all aspects of the work assigned with a minimum of supervision.
Should have a high school diploma or equivalent;
Preferred: Five (5) years of practical or similar experience.Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.